bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default So sad over dead pet fish.

DH promised the kids could get fish if they followed up on keeping their room clean. DH was supposed to care for them but he did a crummy job. And for my part, I didn’t do anything either. I just figured that was his thing and I’m in charge of enough.

The fish didn’t get a long great. And little by little they died. One fish broke my heart though. It was picked on by another one. The biggest, most aggressive fish in the tank would nibble on its fins. Many times I thought I should put this poor fish (Cory) on its own cage but I never followed through. And she died today.

I’m mad at DH for not taking better care of the fish. I’m mad that nobody else is horrified that the fish was being mistreated. And I’m so mad at myself for not acting when I had a good impression on how to help this fish.

I don’t like the thought of anything suffering in my care but can’t share that with anyone. I’m so sorry Cory Catfish! RIP!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

sending you a hug...
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

were they betta fish? One of the genders like to be alone. They just don’t do well together.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

It was a catfish. And the aggressor was another species of catfish. Thank you for your sympathy!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Duh. Cory the Catfish. I’ve never heard of catfish as pets. I’m sorry the other fish were so mean.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Duh. Cory the Catfish. I’ve never heard of catfish as pets. I’m sorry the other fish were so mean.

They’re little! My DH calls them “feeder fish” because they eat the gunk in the tank..