Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'm debating getting a new Paperwhite, but I'm on the fence. I have an older first generation Paperwhite that I use often. Lately it has been getting error messages while downloading and in general just runs slower than it used to. Sometimes there is a lag when I "turn" pages. Of course I feel like this is a conspiracy since my older Paperwhite has been acting funny since I opened an Amazon ad for the newer Paperwhite . What do you think? Something about sitting here on a rainy day just itching to buy something...this Prime Day is dangerous

So far I bought some Amazon packing cubes and a puffer jacket for DS. I have charging cords and bricks sitting in my cart- really useful for my travel bag...but we're not traveling right now so I may pass. Also a new pan and I'm looking for workout leggings for me.
    in the other thread i asked the very same question. Apparently you can get a paperwhite kindle for 80 bucks if you order it with Alexa, i tried that but it's showing full price though. Not 80.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    in the other thread i asked the very same question. Apparently you can get a paperwhite kindle for 80 bucks if you order it with Alexa, i tried that but it's showing full price though. Not 80.
    It’s this one. You can trade in an old Kindle for credit if you have one. I was able to get $25 for my old Kindle plus $10 for shopping at WF and $10 for shopping small business plus used a gift card. My out of pocket was $15!

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Kindl...NT91JYRXXA2ERW

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    It’s this one. You can trade in an old Kindle for credit if you have one. I was able to get $25 for my old Kindle plus $10 for shopping at WF and $10 for shopping small business plus used a gift card. My out of pocket was $15!

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Kindl...NT91JYRXXA2ERW
    Thanks! When I clicked on your link, it showed $80 price deal. I also saw the option to trade in current device, so like you I’m only paying out of pocket 10 dollars. Good score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am tempted. My out of pocket would be $55 with the trade in but my current kindle still works fine(knock on wood)! But it is ten years old...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! When I clicked on your link, it showed $80 price deal. I also saw the option to trade in current device, so like you I’m only paying out of pocket 10 dollars. Good score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    How do you find the trade-in option? I’m definitely in the market for a new one!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbert View Post
    How do you find the trade-in option? I’m definitely in the market for a new one!

Before you Add the kindle to your cart there is a green box that has the option to upgrade and save with trade in. If you check that box, it will walk you through which kindle you’re trading in and offer a price.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lil_acorn View Post
    I am tempted. My out of pocket would be $55 with the trade in but my current kindle still works fine(knock on wood)! But it is ten years old...
    Wow! You got some great deals! When I go to trade in my 6 yo Paperwhite, it only gives me a $5 trade in credit (boo).

Before you Add the kindle to your cart there is a green box that has the option to upgrade and save with trade in. If you check that box, it will walk you through which kindle you’re trading in and offer a price.
    Thank you!

Thank you!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Wow! You got some great deals! When I go to trade in my 6 yo Paperwhite, it only gives me a $5 trade in credit (boo).
    ok, after investigating some more, I think I do qualify for the $25 credit. I originally went on the main Amazon page for the Kindle Paperwhite. There was a grey button (under the $79.99 price) that says "Upgrade and Save with Trade In". If I click that button, it recognizes my Kindle but only gives me $5 credit. If I go this link https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Trade-...de=10825010011, I pick my Kindle from this screen. At this point, I get an instant $25 credit. Not sure why there is a discrepancy between the two?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast