Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Same price for me too. Mine works but itÂ’s old!

Quote Originally Posted by lil_acorn View Post
    I am tempted. My out of pocket would be $55 with the trade in but my current kindle still works fine(knock on wood)! But it is ten years old...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    ok, after investigating some more, I think I do qualify for the $25 credit. I originally went on the main Amazon page for the Kindle Paperwhite. There was a grey button (under the $79.99 price) that says "Upgrade and Save with Trade In". If I click that button, it recognizes my Kindle but only gives me $5 credit. If I go this link https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Trade-...de=10825010011, I pick my Kindle from this screen. At this point, I get an instant $25 credit. Not sure why there is a discrepancy between the two?
    I had the same thing happen so not sure what to make of it?

ok, after investigating some more, I think I do qualify for the $25 credit. I originally went on the main Amazon page for the Kindle Paperwhite. There was a grey button (under the $79.99 price) that says "Upgrade and Save with Trade In". If I click that button, it recognizes my Kindle but only gives me $5 credit. If I go this link https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Trade-...de=10825010011, I pick my Kindle from this screen. At this point, I get an instant $25 credit. Not sure why there is a discrepancy between the two?
    For me; first attempt was doing from my phone. Then tried again with one of pp’s links on my desktop and it worked. So maybe the formatting on each device make it different. Not sure exactly either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sooo, I only paid $32.36? Amazing deal! I attached the receipt. I figured at best I would get an instant $25 towards the Paperwhite, making it $55. Now looks like I get trade in ($26 for a 6th generation) PLUS $25 off? I don't understand it, but I'll take it

ETA, my Kindle is already packed up ready for UPS 20201014_105617.jpg

Sooo, I only paid $32.36? Amazing deal! I attached the receipt. I figured at best I would get an instant $25 towards the Paperwhite, making it $55. Now looks like I get trade in ($26 for a 6th generation) PLUS $25 off? I don't understand it, but I'll take it

it looks you had a gift card loaded on for $25 already in your account.

I don't know where it came from, neither DH or I had any gift cards or any Amazon credit at all. Plus, DH has his own account. It wasn't there a few days ago when I placed an order. Strange.

I don't know where it came from, neither DH or I had any gift cards or any Amazon credit at all. Plus, DH has his own account. It wasn't there a few days ago when I placed an order. Strange.
    i figured it out--20% off for trade in towards future purchase (-$26), $25 for the actual trade in (that's the gift card), and then $50 off for prime day deal of the day
    I just placed my order too!

i figured it out--20% off for trade in towards future purchase (-$26), $25 for the actual trade in (that's the gift card), and then $50 off for prime day deal of the day

Just coming to post this! I was reading the Slickdeals thread. I figured the 20% was off the original price of $129.99, so that's the $26 discount. Then the trade in was an additional $25 off. So if anyone is thinking about buying a Kindle e-reader, I think this is the best price until holiday deals show up. HTH!

The promotional credit can be used only toward the purchase of a new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis, or Kindle for Kids Bundle (each, a "Qualifying Device") that is shipped and sold by Amazon.com Services LLC. Once your trade-in is accepted, you can place a new Qualifying Device (as defined below) in your cart and the 20% promotional credit will be automatically applied at checkout."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast