Thread: Sad and Mad

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Sad and Mad

I've posted before about dh's dysfunctional family. Sun I was on FB and I saw a post by his niece that she'd lost 'her best friend her brother' I was stunned no one bothered to call dh. I gave it 24h hoping that they would but then his other niece posted also about her brother and I A) had confirmation and B) realized no one else was going to tell dh.

He was 30yrs old and had battled addiction so I'm assuming that was the cause. Because of Covid, I doubt we'll drive the 3h to get to the service so another chance to connect lost.... not that dh seems to care.

just sucks all around
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh that’s sad and hard. Hugs to your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm sorry! I would try to attend any service and reconnect if possible.
    K

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm sorry. I feel like there is some kind of story there that you haven't been made a part of and knowing more might bring more understanding. In the meantime you just feel the hurt associated with it without any comprehension of the reasons. I feel for you and hope you find a way to help with the grief!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    I'm sorry! I would try to attend any service and reconnect if possible.
    I would too. I know family frustrations too well as well, but not to the level of losing someone to an addiction, but it sucks no matter what the issue is. If you don’t go I would make sure that your DH goes for his niece, and who knows how much grief your BIL and his spouse are going through these days. Maybe BIL just didn’t want to pick up the phone. I know it is hard to find out about a death over social media, but there is no easy way to share news of a death with anyone.

After I lost baby 2 I couldn’t make a phone call for a good week or two without breaking down in tears. I called my Grandma on her birthday almost a month post loss and I broke down in tears. I was almost ready to go back to work as well so I knew I had to get my emotions in check. Honestly be talking in person was so much easier than talking on a phone for me post loss. I honestly feel like in the last 11 years that talking to people on the phone is way harder than picking up a phone and texting someone. Prior to texting I honestly reverted back to email to communicate because I could easily control my emotions. People don’t email or call they text or post on social media.

Hugs to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)