Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default What field are you in?

I just read "I had a chocolate making shop" and "I own a decluttering business" and thought WOW!!! There are some really neat people with some awesome skills here on the BBB.

Can we hear what everyone does or did before having DC?

I was an elementary teacher K-3, but I haven't really used my counseling degree, except to get more salary on the occasions when I can be a part-time Interventionist, working with small groups on reading and math skills. Currently working as a pod teacher to 2 kids on my deck, with an additional 2 one day a week.

What do you do?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My degree was communications and my passion writing. Of course I've taken a major detour for the last 15 years raising the kids and homeschooling but on the side I have been blogging, ghost-writing, and content creating. I would love to write a book one day but not sure what topic to write on!

I’ve been mostly a SAHM for the past 14.5 years. I have a Ph.D. in Art History, and I sometimes teach an art history class as an adjunct at a local university (will teach online in 2021). I also have a JD and clerked for my state’s Supreme Court 12 years ago, but I haven’t done anything legal since.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I teach full time but not tenure track at a state university. I'd been there about 5 years when my oldest was born. But before kids I also worked part time in the summers as a skydiving instructor and airshow performer.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a bachelors in telecommunications and film. I got that degree thinking I wanted to work in television or film industries, but I decided my senior year in college I didn’t want to work multiple jobs to make ends meet. I wish I would’ve had a better advisor in my major and done larger network internships, but I have been gainfully employed since before I graduated from college. I have worked for the state government since I was a senior in college. I just hit my 20th anniversary this past February. I specialize in worker’s compensation and have been doing this since October, 2003 (my anniversary date with this job is 10/20). For four years prior to that I worked for my state’s veterans affairs department (not the VA) and did home loans for veterans. I ended up in insurance due to a downturn in the California veterans housing market (there are bond limits to how much a loan can fund for and the housing prices were much higher than the limits; they have long since been adjusted though) and a badly negotiated state budget in 2002-2003 put me on the job transfer list with the state and I was offered the first job I applied for. I knew absolutely nothing about workers compensation. For someone who didn’t take a single business class or advanced math class in college I am happy with the skills I have gained doing my job. I now qualify for a lot of business degree jobs just based on what I do now. I can retire in a minimum of 12 years and 8 months so while it stinks I didn’t get to be a sahm or a part time working mom I am happy I have the option to retire when I am 55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I used to be a teacher (certified 6-12 Comm Arts)

Now work PRN in ultrasound- one job high risk ob and one job an outpatient imaging clinic.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Speech Pathologist, school based for 16 years, last 15 years in skilled nursing facilities, took about a year and half off total after my two kids were born.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was in finance before having kids. I’ve been out of work for 14 years. Lots of my friends have returned to work now that our kids are older but I have no plans to go back. I’m happy being home.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a B.A. and M.S. in Biochemistry, but live in the wrong area for bio tech or drug manufacturing. I work for a large healthcare organization and started as a pharmacy technician, now I'm am analyst and work on formulary management, clinical cost savings, and pharmacy informatics.

My career definitely didn't turn out like I expected it to, but I'm happy where I am.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Secondary English teacher. Currently teaching high school, grades 9 & 11.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast