Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I'm a nurse, now a nurse educator 3.5 days a week and a floor nurse 8-12 hours when they need me (which is all.the.time lately!)
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Undergrad in political science, Masters in Healthcare Administration. I used to run physician practices.
    Lizi

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am a lawyer. I have been practicing for 15 years. I have had my own practice for the past 5.5 years. I feel very fortunate. I have an interesting niche that also gives me flexibility (to a degree). That flexibility has been a lifesaver since my kids left daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have my degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education. Pre-kids I taught second grade and also worked as a mental health family based therapist. Once DD1 was born I worked part time as a nanny, did in-home childcare, online tutoring and substitute teaching. This past August I started a new full-time job as an Academic Advisor for a home school academy. My job is to help families choose their home school curriculum and guide them through getting started, support them throughout the school year, and do record keeping and producing their progress reports. It has been a bit of transition going back to full-time work, but I work from home and the hours are flexible, which is perfect since my kids are cyber schooling this year, so I am available to help them as needed and to run DD1 to her cross-country practices. I really enjoy the work environment with the company and like being able to help many families that had not really considered home schooling before but wanted a different option than what their public school was offering this year due to Covid-19.

I know there are several other educators on here. If anyone is interested in part time online teaching or teaching assistant jobs, PM me for info, we are hiring for several positions (mostly secondary at this point).
    Last edited by ang79; 10-16-2020 at 10:41 AM.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am a dentist but I haven’t practiced in almost 10 years. We own a dental company now.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another civil engineer here! Midway through my college education, I realized I didn't really love engineering but I fiercely wanted to be an independent adult so I stuck with it. I'd thought about switching to urban planning instead but didn't because I would have had to commit to a 5th year to get my bachelor's. I started working overseeing construction project for a large public agency and got my masters in construction management. I took 8 years off home with my kids. I returned to work doing construction management again and met a woman who had my dream job- it's a combination of engineering, writing, construction, and law. So she brought me into her group, and I took over when she retired 2 years ago. I LOVE what I do!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I’m an animation producer. I’ve worked for the same company for many years and in that time have worked on mostly tv shows, but also a movie, some shorts for the web and a holiday special.

Another Civil Engineer! I'm the City Engineer for a municipality.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another civil engineer, more specifically environmental, I work with drinking water
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a Masters in Ancient and Medieval History. I've never worked in that field though I'm sure I would love it. But there are so many reasons why that isn't what I'm doing now. Part of it was my DS1's diagnosis with type 1 diabetes in the middle of my program but a huge part is that it is hard to get a job teaching at any college and my degree is just not that special or prestigious!

Right now I work about 25 hours a week as a very unfancy bookkeeper of sorts for a construction company. I can work while my kids are on their zoom meetings. My schedule is completely flexible and I work from home most of the time. I enjoy what I'm doing more than I anticipated and right now when everything else in my life is focused on kids and family, I enjoy switching gears mentally. I actually quite enjoy the field that I'm working in. We build giant mansions in Malibu and I've always been fascinated with architecture and design. The reality is that my particular position touches none of those aspects but I enjoy being adjacent nevertheless!

I'm not sure I want to do this for the rest of my life. Part of me has always wanted to be a counselor, though that would require more education and we're still paying off DH's loans and have 4 kids to get through college. I do want to keep this flexibility until all my kids are out of the house so I've got more than a decade to go!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast