Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is so interesting!!

Pre-kids I was a massage therapist. Because of our multiple moves from state to state, it was tough staying licensed. I’ve been a SAHM for >17 years. Now I am in a nursing program.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Undergrad in bio and environmetnal studies, Masters in ecology. I currently am a fundraiser at a large statewide environmental organization, raising money for land conservation mostly, but also working on climate change, environmental ed, and sometimes capital projects at our sites.
    I don't love fundraising, but I don't mind it either. Feel great about the organization, its mission and the people I work with. Also, I work 32 hours which is great - I'm home for the kids in the afternoons (well, always now). I definitely kind of wish I didn't have to work - the stress can be frustrating. But it's meaningful, flexible, and convenient, so hard to complain. Been doing it for 17 years. Before that I was doing ecological field work and environmental ed.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Trusts & estates lawyer specializing in the estate planning (rather than probate) side which in general is very flexible and I love the work. I practice with my brother in law which is great. DH is an engineer/programmer currently running the entire engineering side of a startup so he is crazy busy.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm a nurse and worked as a Head Nurse of an IV Team and a Pediatric Nurse. I also worked for an Early Intervention Program. When my DH passed away from Leukemia, leaving me with 3 small DC to raise, hospital nursing just wasn't working out. I returned to college while being a single Mom and working full time and earned my School Nurse Certification followed by my MS. My plan was that when I retired, I would be able to be a nurse educator while returning for a doctorate. There is such a shortage of nursing professors. Those plans were derailed, when I began raising DGS, but I'm happy to be here for him.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Civil Engineer by education, licensed middle school teacher, now I work for a fishing supply company...

avd3875 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

BA in Psychology, MA in Early Childhood Education. I've been a Child Development professor for the past 23 years (PT until 5 years ago, now FT/tenured). My mom is a teacher - still working FT at 78 years old, in the same department as me (we actually share an office), and my dad was a teacher, so I think it must have been genetic that I went into teaching. I've always loved what I do, but this semester is tough. I miss being in the classroom with my students - it's just not the same (and I'm averaging 78 hours of work each week!). My college has already announced that we'll be remote again in the Spring. Ugh.
    Annemarie
    DS 2003
    DD 2009

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have my undergrad degrees in nuclear medicine and chemistry while my masters is in business management with an emphasis in organizational management. I work for a federal contractor.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Civil Engineer by education, licensed middle school teacher, now I work for a fishing supply company...
    hbridge, we need more explanation! There's gotta be some interesting turns of events for this path. And do you actually fish??

SAHM for almost 15 years, but was a RN working as a cardiac transplant coordinator pre-kids.

Cardiac ICU nurse working nights. Love heart patients but we also get plenty of medical/surgical type over flow ICU patients right now go figure. Hoping to teach in the future but I love bedside & think a mix of that +teaching would be my perfect balance. I do charge, resource and precept currently on my unit. Love nursing but it’s been a stressful year to say the least!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast