Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Has anyone tried KYBELLA?

Has anyone tried Kybella? I really hate my double chin. I'm thinking about Kybella.

What are your thoughts?
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Me!!! I am scheduled to get my second treatment in December. I was swollen and bruised for a few weeks, much longer than the norm. The area was numb for over a month. It works great for the right person. The fat has to be submental, not on the sides of the neck. Most people need more than one treatment.

I have had a lot different cosmetic procedures (perk of my job). I think botox and filler are more painful than kybella ( but they really are not painful either). The sensation of the injection with kybella was a weird feeling, but not pain. I iced the area before treatment and did not numb it.

Quote Originally Posted by cckwmh View Post
    Me!!! I am scheduled to get my second treatment in December. I was swollen and bruised for a few weeks, much longer than the norm. The area was numb for over a month. It works great for the right person. The fat has to be submental, not on the sides of the neck. Most people need more than one treatment.

I have had a lot different cosmetic procedures (perk of my job). I think botox and filler are more painful than kybella ( but they really are not painful either). The sensation of the injection with kybella was a weird feeling, but not pain. I iced the area before treatment and did not numb it.

Do you see any difference after one treatment? How many treatments will you need?
    Corie

-fortune cookie

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Omg! I hate my double chin and am vowing to get it fixed somehow.

Yes definitely notice a difference with ine treatment! In my practice, no one has had more than 2. But if you read the small print below the women they use in the ads, they have had a ridiculous amounts of treatments.

The second treatment should be half the cost of the first treatment, if you get it.

Also, sign up for thr rewards program through allergan. The rewards add up fast.

I also think kybella works better than than coolsculpting.

Quote Originally Posted by cckwmh View Post
    Yes definitely notice a difference with ine treatment! In my practice, no one has had more than 2. But if you read the small print below the women they use in the ads, they have had a ridiculous amounts of treatments.

The second treatment should be half the cost of the first treatment, if you get it.

Also, sign up for thr rewards program through allergan. The rewards add up fast.

I also think kybella works better than than coolsculpting.

I should probably ask before I even think about this more. What is the cost of Kybella?
    Corie

-fortune cookie

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You got my interest . I am planning to go in for under eye filler so I looked at the medspa I am going to use. $1200+. It says the results might not be as great if you are older than early 40s but I’m going to ask. I have a small double chin. If it’s relatively easy to get rid of I would be up for it.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A friend started treatments last fall. She had just had her first treatment the last time I saw her, and her neck/chin was slightly swollen, but if you didn't know her I don't think it would be that noticeable. I think she was planning on 3 treatments, and have not seen her since the first. She was late 30's.
    mom to Billy 12/07

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It really depends on what you are dealing with. That little bit of extra fat right under the chin? Sure, Kybella can do a great job fixing. A looseness all along your jawline? Eh, go in with very realistic expectations for subtle improvement. The thing about all these kinds of simple procedures is that you are paying a premium for the lack of recovery time. Not for the results. Surgery will get you amazing, long-lasting results, sometimes for cheaper than an injectable like Kybella. But you can't just walk right out of the office with people none the wiser like you can with Kybella.

My derm prefers to use Coolsculpting first, and follow later with Kybella for detail work. Mainly because she can target a larger area and remove more fat at a lower price with Coolsculpting. Plus without the swelling of Kybella, which can take a while to go down. And then have to use fewer vials (thus, again, less expense to her clients) when she later targets remaining small fat areas with Kybella.

Oh, and if you don't have a regular derm, and are planning to just go to a medispa or something like that, keep in mind that lots of those places do things like Black Friday specials.
    Last edited by hwin708; 10-19-2020 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    It really depends on what you are dealing with. That little bit of extra fat right under the chin? Sure, Kybella can do a great job fixing. A looseness all along your jawline? Eh, go in with very realistic expectations for subtle improvement. The thing about all these kinds of simple procedures is that you are paying a premium for the lack of recovery time. Not for the results. Surgery will get you amazing, long-lasting results, sometimes for cheaper than an injectable like Kybella. But you can't just walk right out of the office with people none the wiser like you can with Kybella.

My derm prefers to use Coolsculpting first, and follow later with Kybella for detail work. Mainly because she can target a larger area and remove more fat at a lower price with Coolsculpting. Plus without the swelling of Kybella, which can take a while to go down. And then have to use fewer vials (thus, again, less expense to her clients) when she later targets remaining small fat areas with Kybella.

Oh, and if you don't have a regular derm, and are planning to just go to a medispa or something like that, keep in mind that lots of those places do things like Black Friday specials.

Thanks so much for the info!!

I have a regular dermatologist and I absolutely love her. My kids see her too.
    Corie

-fortune cookie