Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I’m guessing there will be some older kids as well. It’s really not a big deal to swim with some younger kids. My kids have swam next to masters swimmers before (like in their 70s) . Staring with 100s is definitely easier, and I assume the summer league didn’t swim 200s. Racing longer distances definitely takes practice. 200s can be kind of hard because they aren’t quite a sprint but aren’t distance either. DD prefers the 100s of stroke but the 200 free and 200IM. Swimming is such a great sport, and all of my kids love it so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good point!! DS has only swam a 200 free 3 times. First time he was slow and when he got out he said "I'm not even tired one bit. I think I could have gone faster." Second time, he dropped a little bit of time but started out too fast and then got tired and slowed way down. This time he figured out his pace and dropped 45 seconds! Ha! That race he said "I think I've finally figured out how to pace myself."

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Also, don't stress about her starting older- my dd also started year round swim at age 14, and she definitely had a tough time at her first meet- they go so much faster than summer meets, but after the first one she totally found her groove and was loving it (sadly her club is on hiatus because they can't find a pool now).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2