Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Living near military base...

Most of the time, living by the base is no problem. We love the better "class" of people than the city -lots of very responsible, reliable people who care.

However - we just had our fifth consecutive night of night artillery practice. Shakes the whole house with it's concussion. (Think dozens of huge firecrackers every night.) It's only a a few days a year, but boy, do I need sleep! And, of course, here comes DS at 6:15 on Saturday morning - fully rested and chipper.... he slept right through them again. Kind of insult to injury, ya know???

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Many years ago, we inadvertently rented a house near the edge of the Fort Bragg artillery range (Ft Bragg is huge and this was far from the main gates). All those mini cracks in the windows should have been a clue, but we were awakened early the next morning (and pretty much every morning afterwards). It was especially annoying because I was 6 months pregnant when we moved in, and it also didn’t help newborn DC sleep well. (The only thing that helped DC was playing opera at full blast — which was almost as bad for me.). After less than a year, we were out of there! Thanks for reminding me!!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains