Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yeah, Bridal Bargains was the catch here too, which led me to Baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Something I think we can all agree on when it comes to college and/or advanced degrees is that they're not necessarily a guarantee of a high income anymore. And, depending on your financial aid package, you could exit school carrying a great deal of student loan debt, which impacts your overall budget and ability to spend on certain things, no matter how necessary.

I'm not saying that this is the same as growing up poor - I grew up poor - but it's a factor in your self-perception of your income and lifestyle.

You nailed it, imo. I didn't grow up poor but my mother and father did. Growing up poor taught them how to survive in an age when accepting help was frowned upon. They worked hard all their lives and taught me to spend sparingly, buy quality products and take excellent care of the things I own.

I also agree with lizzywednesday in that this place has been a haven for me in uncertain times. Thank you, Denise and Alan! I've given your book as gifts to everyone I know who's having a baby!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5