Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Outdoor thanksgiving menu - updated

I don’t blame anyone for declining. And we won’t be hosting extended family for their safety more than ours. My close friend just lost her father last week (Midwest state) and her mother is now hospitalized with Covid. They are big Trump supporters, felt the restrictions were silly, and one has paid with his life. He was older but the mom who is now fighting the virus is fit, healthy, tennis player and more. He was giving political speeches introducing candidates a short time ago. He wasn’t near death before this but pressuring his adult kids to all fly in for a fab trip to a family compound for thanksgiving and my friend was feeling stressed and like a bad daughter for not wanting to do that. Now, he’s gone and his wife is hospitalized and the kids have flown in to bury him. This is the closest fatality we’ve felt but it brings home how the virus is real and people are well advised to take it seriously. You can’t tell who is going to be stricken or not, it is a risky game of chance.
    ETA I would bring some lovely meal to your grandmother with safe drop off. She is at risk in independent living, that is true, hope they have good protocols in place and don’t expose her to other extended families of other residents. It probably feels very personal but it isn’t that they are afraid of you, but following the guidelines. It is too cold here to be much fun for an outdoor Thanksgiving, but applaud your effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 10-26-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4