Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Holiday ideas for teacher gifts...

It is that time of year again... Time to come up with the plans for holiday giving.

DC attend an alternative school with 100 students and 35 staff. Last year I sent a huge cookie tower to the teachers lounge the week before Christmas. Since DC work with almost the entire staff at some point during the week (or at least they did pre-covid), I don't want to do individual gifts. However, with covid, food to the teachers lounge is not going to work this year. Any ideas? I hate to ignore the school for the holidays. It is an amazing place! The teachers deserve recognition!

Thanks.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Individual treat bags instead of a communal food assortment could work. Homemade is still in demand here (area where folks are taking things very seriously but people still support any bake sales that pop up!) but even just some store bought candies would be totally fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have done popcornopolis treats for teachers in years past and they seemed to like it. It is a "treat" but it is highly durable--it can be opened weeks down the line once most of the sweets have been consumed.

I am thinking of getting this set from Costco:

https://www.costco.com/popcornopolis...100315055.html

I have four kids and lots of teachers to treat. I'm still deciding on the package we want to get though. I feel like having it prepackaged makes it feel "safer" in the era of COVID.

Send in a giant basket of prepackaged treats that they can grab and open later. Candy, chips, granola bars, anything shelf stable and individually wrapped (Costco has a huge selection). Get the good stuff. Or, stock the entire fridge with seltzers, cheese sticks, hummus and pretzel packs, etc. I would be THRILLED to be able to grab a snack and a seltzer! We can’t eat together as a staff in my school and treats are in short supply!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I have done popcornopolis treats for teachers in years past and they seemed to like it. It is a "treat" but it is highly durable--it can be opened weeks down the line once most of the sweets have been consumed.

I am thinking of getting this set from Costco:

https://www.costco.com/popcornopolis...100315055.html

I have four kids and lots of teachers to treat. I'm still deciding on the package we want to get though. I feel like having it prepackaged makes it feel "safer" in the era of COVID.
    These are great, and you can even open up the baskets and just give the individual bags. They are a good enough size. I got several of these last year, and they were gobbled up by my family.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    These are great, and you can even open up the baskets and just give the individual bags. They are a good enough size. I got several of these last year, and they were gobbled up by my family.
    Glad it is teacher approved!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Send in a giant basket of prepackaged treats that they can grab and open later. Candy, chips, granola bars, anything shelf stable and individually wrapped (Costco has a huge selection). Get the good stuff. Or, stock the entire fridge with seltzers, cheese sticks, hummus and pretzel packs, etc. I would be THRILLED to be able to grab a snack and a seltzer! We can’t eat together as a staff in my school and treats are in short supply!
    I did something like this at the start of the school year and I heard that it was super appreciated. I think any sort of pre-packaged gift or treat is still okay - I know many of the cookie places individually wrap their cookies so while it might not have the visual appeal of a huge tower, it would still be really nice. My teachers always appreciate Bath and Body Works Hand Soaps too - everyone is washing hands so much right now, it's nice to do it with something nicer than the cheap-o drying stuff!
    Lizi

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would do gift cards especially this year. I imagine everyone could use something extra right now. They can buy something for themselves or something for the family.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I would do gift cards especially this year. I imagine everyone could use something extra right now. They can buy something for themselves or something for the family.
    I would LOVE to do gift cards, but there is NO WAY I could afford 30+ gift cards. This is a school where all the staff is involved with almost every student. I love the idea of prepackaged snacks! I wish we had a Cosco... Any ideas for on-line ordering?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

[QUOTE=hbridge;4379692]I would LOVE to do gift cards, but there is NO WAY I could afford 30+ gift cards. This is a school where all the staff is involved with almost every student. I love the idea of prepackaged snacks! I wish we had a Cosco... Any ideas for on-line ordering?[/

Can you order shelf stable snacks from Sams Club and deliver it in baskets? We’ve done that for local firehouses and police stations. I use baskets like these.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast