firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default S/o - where did you set up your Peloton

Our Bike+ will be delivered in a couple of weeks. We have a weight set and treadmill in the basement. The flooring is a firm Berber carpet on a pad on concrete. How much surrounding space do you have for your Peloton? Not sure if we could fit all three things in one room. If we didn’t have the other equipment in the basement, I would 100% set it up in my office or bedroom because I don’t love the basement 😊

We set it up in our family room. Originally, because we got it during lockdown in March and we didn't want Peleton to come too far into the house at the time. They literally just had to step into the threshold of our side doors. But, I really like where it is. I feel like we use it more because it's in the room we spend the most time in. It's off to the side behind a section of our couch. It faces the TV so you can watch TV if you want. Our bike is in a narrow pass-thru space (hard to describe) not a lot of room around it. Not an issue unless I'm doing weights on the bike and I have to spread out my arms (can hit a lamp). But I twist a little to make it work.

PS. We haven't had visitors in the house so we don't really care if it's not a great "design choice" for the room. Lol.
    Last edited by pinkmomagain; 10-20-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This has been a struggle for us. The bike itself doesn't take up much space but our issue is ceiling height (our basement and attic are both too low) and not wanting to have it in the middle of a busy living space. Right now ours is in the garage (and we just added the tread to our setup so they are both there now) but it is just temporary and we are figuring out a longer term plan. We may make a home gym space and just put both machines, a TV and some mats in there and have a dedicated room because I don't want it in a main space.

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Originally, we had it in our master bedroom. I bought the treadmill this summer, so opted to put both in the living room (which we don’t use that room).

You definitely want a mat if it is going on carpet (protect it from sweat). I have the peloton mat, but there are similar ones on amazon.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ours has been in the basement, the garage, and now in my office (it taunts me). It’s been on the mat every location.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a weird "back room" off our master br so it's in there. Even though I can't see it during regular day-to-day activities, it still taunts me lol. It's on short berber carpet on the Peloton mat.

If you join the Peloton members fb page there is a lot of pics/discussion on where people have the bikes. (And complaints about bad delivery experiences but don't let that panic you, ours was great.) Plenty have them in office or br, who cares about the other equipment if you'll use it more there.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I'm reminded of a funny viral Twitter thread about Peloton rooms. 6/2019, simpler times.

https://www.bicycling.com/culture/a2...witter-parody/

3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ours in is our bedroom. It doesn't take up as much space as we thought it would. We have firm berber carpet in our bedroom and I felt the bike was a little wobbly on it so I bought thick plywood (either 1/2" or 3/4", don't recall), spray painted the sides black so it blends in and put a black gym mat on top of it so you can't see the plywood. It works great and no longer wobbles.

The bike is really easy to move so don't let my comment about berber carpet concern you. I suggest skipping the plywood initially and if you later feel like the bike needs more stability, you can easily add the wood foundation.