Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    Take a look at Saucony. They are wide enough and give a ton of support if you get one of their stability shoes. The arch support is honestly an orthotics issue, I'm not sure you'll get where you want to be with any factory shoe insert.
    I disagree about Saucony being wide - they're wider in the toebox than most B-width shoes, but if someone's looking for a wide shoe, they're wearing at least a C or D width (I wear a D) - although I do agree that they are a great shoe if they work for your foot!!

I can't wear them because they don't have enough volume for my foot - I feel like there's more of my foot than there is of the shoe, and that's extremely unsettling to me - but I truly wish I could.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Call a running shoe store and let them know your size and what you’re looking for. They can let you know how many choices they have in your size. I wear 10 wide and one store only had 2 options. I can’t order online. I have returned so many pairs! I used to be a new balance fan but my last pair was not supportive. I wear asics now.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am a 9.5 double wide with a high instep and over pronation issues. In most shoes so I wear at least a 10.5 D in athletic shoes; I was actually an 11D in Brooks though. I was a loyal Brooks wearer until they redesigned the Addiction shoe about 3 years ago and it no longer fits my foot correctly (the slick memory foam material in the heal added a whole lot of slip to the shoe and my foot no longer felt secure....my ankles and heal are pretty narrow). I tried the New Balance 840 shoe for year and by the end of the life of the shoe my foot was killing me with pain in my arch and in my calf. I then tried Hoka One One Gaviota 2 and the shoe was great until it died and then I bought what I thought was the same shoe and then I still had the same crazy pain in my foot that I had with the dead shoe. I tried a few other Hoka models and they didn’t work for me either. Either some had too much arch support or were just too cushy for my liking. I ended up trying ASICS 1000GT version 8, and version 9 and the version 9 was the winner for me. I am now on my second pair since March, but it has been amazing to have a shoe that doesn’t hurt my arch or my calf.

At some point I tried Saucony as well and I thought they ran narrow for. True C or D width. I also haven’t been able to wear Nikes in probably the last 20 years because they are just too narrow. Adidas tens to run wide on me as well, but I feel like the shoe doesn’t last as long as other brands do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Get men's Hokas! There a bunch of wide styles, including Clifton and Bondi. I love the trail shoes, way more supportive and water resistant to a degree. Check out the Challenger ATR.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Get men's Hokas! There a bunch of wide styles, including Clifton and Bondi. I love the trail shoes, way more supportive and water resistant to a degree. Check out the Challenger ATR.
    I am not the OP, but I am regretting sending back by son Hokas without trying them myself first! (He is a runner and he ordered a pair, but decided they werent for him). It sounds like there is really solid arch support?
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Help finding large, wide width walking shoe with good arch support

Yes, Hoka Bondi is a winner for me after Nike changed the Air Structure that my feet have worn for 20 years. I totally depend on a “custom” insole though! Quotations because it’s from Surefoot ski boot fitters at whistler and Steamboat, lol. They made the most uncomfortable thing (ski boots) feel wonderful so I got a second pair. One day I’ll have a podiatrist make some for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 10-22-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    ... I also haven’t been able to wear Nikes in probably the last 20 years because they are just too narrow. ...
    Nike's wide is a "C" width; I need a D, so I can't wear them. They pinch immediately.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

double post; sorry!
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I am not the OP, but I am regretting sending back by son Hokas without trying them myself first! (He is a runner and he ordered a pair, but decided they werent for him). It sounds like there is really solid arch support?
    Yes! Absent foot issues, I don't think kids need Hokas. I have one kid that will run in anything and another that runs in Hokas.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Yes! Absent foot issues, I don't think kids need Hokas. I have one kid that will run in anything and another that runs in Hokas.
    LOL, my 14 year old runner sent his Hokas back because he didnt think they were good enough for him for running on the ground (forget what runners call that). He says "they dont have enough foam"
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast