Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Definitely not. However, my oldest had a cold and had to do virtual for a week and he said it was better than in the spring. It wasn’t bad in the spring but he thought it was too easy. Now it follows along with in person school so he didn’t miss anything.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My high school senior prefers remote. He's getting all his classes and work done in less time than a regular school day so has plenty of free time. He didn't hesitate to say he wants to stay online only for second trimester which starts in December.
    Last edited by JElaineB; 10-22-2020 at 08:58 PM.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids (12 and 14) would rather be in-person in a non-COVID world but are very content to be fully remote now. Partially because they are old enough to understand the rationale, I suspect. They are fully independent during the day, home with our dogs, the kitchen, etc.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Can’t wait to read all the replies, but my freshmanDD (14) prefers remote for sure bc she doesn’t like all the crazy/weird things kids do/say. She’s prob thankful for not being in that giant environment to learn also. All the public schools here are all remote. Privates are hybrid or full time. My DS(almost 13) would rather be in person, but he in reality doesn’t want to leave the house with the virus. DS (11) has never been to his school as a student, only a sibling , never met his teachers, and also would prefer to never leave the house while virus is a possibility.

I’m happy we are all here bc it’s good to hug on them throughout the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My HS junior vastly prefers remote. She's a diligent, organized student. Her school offers the option of full-time in person or synchronous remote. She Zooms into all her classes that are happening in school and all the virtual kids are put up on a white board in the classroom to participate. This week her school had to go all virtual since so many teachers have COVID now. She has friends doing in-person and they've said it's all the worst parts of school...all the fun parts can't happen now. They can't use lockers, no congregating in the hallways, no labs or group work allowed in-person (even the in-person kids do virtual biology labs, for example), lunch and study hall are assigned seats and you can't pick your table mates, etc. Things that help make the virtual option palatable include: virtual kids are welcome and encouraged to attend any/all school functions (although none are happening - clubs are meeting remotely, no sports, dances, etc), she is getting together often with her girlfriends for socially distanced, outdoor activities (I'm concerned about how this cold, Midwest winter will go...), and she has a boyfriend she hangs out with regularly who is also doing the virtual option.
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

I suspect this depends on what metric I'm using in a particular week. All my kids are doing pretty well academically but I am starting to see the mental effects of being cooped up in our house. We plan to send DS2 and DD back 2nd semester full time although DS2 has said he would like to stay virtual. DS1 would like to be in school but understands why he is virtual with a good chance of staying that way all year.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DS, senior in high school, is thriving. Our school district sent out a survey asking about possibly going hybrid in the future, though seriously I doubt it will happen at the high school level, so I asked him his thoughts and he said he prefers Online! A couple of his friends come over once a week and they hang out in the backyard, but otherwise he hardly sees anyone! However, he is in constant communication with his friends online and extremely busy with extracurriculars, more than ever.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I think it would depend on how the hybrid and remote would be set up. My kids remote is that they zoom into the classroom. There are kids in there and the teacher is teaching. My kids would just be doing the same class from home as they would from school. The remote for one of the districts near me is that every third day the kids zoom with teachers and it's independent work the other 2 days. The hybrid for our district is in school on one day and independent work the other day

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4