Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post

I just have a feeling we’re getting another version of lockdown over the winter, so I think I’ll go back before thanksgiving, so it’ll last me through end of spring.
    I suspect you're right and this is the reason we're front-loading so much in-person stuff now!

DH and I have to talk about it because I cannot go through a winter with DD's hair tangling up the way it does!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

nope, mine is getting long, but since I am on zoom lecturing, I can style it so it seems fine on screen. DD had ear length hair that is now past her shoulders and she is so happy. I have been cutting DH's on the deck, and I have to say I am getting pretty good at it!
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't had a hair cut since late January-ish. And it's driving me batty. Well, actually, it just stays up in a messy bun continuously now. I'd love to get 4-6" removed, but I still don't feel comfortable going to the salon.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    ... I have been cutting DH's on the deck, and I have to say I am getting pretty good at it!
    I've been cutting my DH's hair, too, but I feel less confident every time. If nothing else, it's given me a great deal more respect for licensed beauticians!
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 10-26-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

sorry; double post!
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My co-worker just contracted COVID - hasn't been into any indoor spaces or in contact with anyone other than one place - a barbershop. He's almost certain that's where he got it because the timing computes too. This has made me feel like I can cut my own hair for a few months.

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    My co-worker just contracted COVID - hasn't been into any indoor spaces or in contact with anyone other than one place - a barbershop. He's almost certain that's where he got it because the timing computes too. This has made me feel like I can cut my own hair for a few months.
    Wow that is interesting. I wonder if it was because maybe no mask was required? Is he in California? I have had no issue keeping my mask on while getting my haircut. I know with guys it might be different, but a lot of barber shops here says they aren’t doing shaves because of the mask requirement so other then trimming behind the ears there is no reason not to be able to wear a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Wow that is interesting. I wonder if it was because maybe no mask was required? Is he in California? I have had no issue keeping my mask on while getting my haircut. I know with guys it might be different, but a lot of barber shops here says they aren’t doing shaves because of the mask requirement so other then trimming behind the ears there is no reason not to be able to wear a mask.

Virginia. He wore his mask but said there were others in the barbershop at the same time who didn't. I think he had to take it off at some point during his tine there, and he said the experience generally made him uncomfortable.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

Virginia. He wore his mask but said there were others in the barbershop at the same time who didn't. I think he had to take it off at some point during his tine there, and he said the experience generally made him uncomfortable.

for Sandy Hook

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've been going. They only take a few people at a time, you wait in your car until you're turn is up, and they clean between all clients. There is no hair drying to reduce airborne stuff.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7