Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Have you guys tried to access a test as an asymptomatic person who just wants one for travel or the heck of it etc? I have, and had not good luck with it. Most urgent cares require you to have a visit with the practitioner and if you don’t have a diagnosis/symptoms they can’t really bill your insurance and will charge you $125-$150 for it. They have big disclaimers about your insurance maybe not covering your COVID test (though I think they need to by federal law).

I did have myself tested 3 times over the summer prior to staying at my parents’ beach house. It took 5-7 days to come back at that point so was basically meaningless. Not sure if turnaround times have improved.

If I could really just drive up and get a test and get the results in 24 hours I’d do it every week.
    Yes, Los Angeles here and my mom and I have been tested twice through a drive through testing site. We had results in less than 24 hours the first time and less than 48 hours the second time. The testing site was about 15 minutes from my house. No doctor's order needed and neither of us had symptoms. The line of cars was super long both times though and it took about 50 minutes each time to get to the front. We last tested in the summer so not sure how the wait times are now.

Besides Costco, Quest Labs has also offered an at home mail in Covid test for several months now. It's also $129 and comes with a prepaid overnight shipping label.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Have you guys tried to access a test as an asymptomatic person who just wants one for travel or the heck of it etc? I have, and had not good luck with it. Most urgent cares require you to have a visit with the practitioner and if you don’t have a diagnosis/symptoms they can’t really bill your insurance and will charge you $125-$150 for it. They have big disclaimers about your insurance maybe not covering your COVID test (though I think they need to by federal law).

I did have myself tested 3 times over the summer prior to staying at my parents’ beach house. It took 5-7 days to come back at that point so was basically meaningless. Not sure if turnaround times have improved.

If I could really just drive up and get a test and get the results in 24 hours I’d do it every week.
    I think this varies tremendously between locations. I have gotten 2 asymptotic tests for travel purposes, and DH and DS have each gotten one. They were free and we had results in 48-72 hours. I heard they are busier now and booking closer to a week out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

no way would I trust this. Its easy to get tested here.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

We had testing done when DD had a direct exposure (all negative on our end) but DH has been tested multiple times due to out of state travel for work. When we've had the PCR done, it's been about a 48 hour turnaround. DH has had the antigen testing the last few times and has an answer within several hours. He is using one of the pharmacies that set up testing.

We have not paid for testing or co-pays. I could be wrong, but I thought the CARES Act provided legislation that testing was to be free to the end user. Insurance companies can be billed, but not charge a co-pay or the state is to pay in cases of the uninsured. Again, I could be wrong on my info. I do know some practices charge a fee for the exam going with the testing if applicable. Sometimes testing for asymptomatic people has been harder to get here, but I attribute that to CDC's waffling of guidelines more than anything.

I would possibly feel differently about the Costco test if we had your experience of waiting for results since I am of the belief that more testing is always a good thing.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Free testing in NY either by insurance or at a state run testing location. Pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS are also offering no cost testing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Free and easy testing in Illinois, don't have to be symptomatic, and often results in 24 hrs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3