Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default We are on the covid train

DS1 (9 ys old) tested positive on Friday. I got tested that day also but was negative, but I am going back on Tuesday to re test just in case I tested too early. DS refused to do it without me so I felt like I had to test so that he would.
    Anyway, we got it from my mom and dad over fall break-- kind of ironic because I've been really worried about the kids spreading it to them. We distanced from them all spring but then in the summer decided to see them outside and then mostly just went back to normal. They live 2 hrs away so we don't see each other often but they are both in pretty good health and both still working in public, etc. My mom's job has been good about wearing masks. My dad's job is run by Trumpers who think Covid is fake news so they don't wear masks, but they did create pods so that people were only exposed to the same 4 people every day. Well, apparently that worked for a while but my dad said that they haven't been very strict about pods lately and he has been exposed to more people than just his pod.
    So, he had a headache on the Thursday of Fall Break. He and my mom came up to get DS1 and take him to their house for the weekend so we were all exposed for about 30 mins that day (except DH- he was working).
    Obviously DS1 was exposed all weekend. My parents both tested positive last Thursday, symptoms of headache, congestion and cough. My mom also can't smell. Currently DS1 has a cough and congestion and DS2 woke up congested this morning so we got him tested today too.
    DH is trying to get the next 2 weeks off work in case he gets it. He can't work from home at all, so he will just have to take time off.
    I'm really surprised that my original test was negative because, you know, mom life. I mean, I slept in DS1's bed with him earlier this week because he had a nightmare. So I kind of think it's inevitable that we will all get it. But, the contact tracer from the health dept told us that transmission rates are actually higher for social transmission than for household transmission.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry. Sending P & PTs that it’s a mild case and everyone is ok.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m so sorry to hear this, and I hope everyone has mild cases and fully recovers.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry! I hope your DS is ok and that you stay negative! I feel so bad for people who are exposed (needlessly) at work. My neighbor currently has to choose between a job (she's the sole breadwinner in her family at this time) and her health. Her work (here in CA) is full of people that refuse to wear masks and don't believe it is serious (which we believe is illegal, but what is she supposed to do?). I really do hope your parents are ok. I'm praying for all of you! Keep us updated!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm so sorry! P&PT to you and your family for strong health!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I'm so sorry! I hope your DS is ok and that you stay negative! I feel so bad for people who are exposed (needlessly) at work. My neighbor currently has to choose between a job (she's the sole breadwinner in her family at this time) and her health. Her work (here in CA) is full of people that refuse to wear masks and don't believe it is serious (which we believe is illegal, but what is she supposed to do?). I really do hope your parents are ok. I'm praying for all of you! Keep us updated!
    Thanks! Yeah, it's dumb. My dad religiously wears a mask anytime we are out in public and even at indoor family get togethers but obviously in his own house he didn't think of it, even with DS there.
    My dad didn't even think it could be covid because it just started as a mild headache that lasted for a few days. Unfortunately he doesn't know how to rest and has been trying to do farmwork (by himself) and ends up coming home after an hour or two and going back to bed.

And of course we have to notify the school because DS does in person learning. He only had school for 1.5 days last week (they basically had 2 fall break weeks) and he wasn't symptomatic then but still, any kids that sit near him at lunch will have to quarantine for 10 days.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 10-25-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope your family recovers quickly. It really is a sneaky virus with such a wide range of symptoms and some very subtle. I think that’s what has made it so difficult to control.

Oh no! I hope everyone has mild symptoms and that they all recover quickly and fully.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I’m sorry to hear that. I hope your family recovers quickly. It really is a sneaky virus with such a wide range of symptoms and some very subtle. I think that’s what has made it so difficult to control.
    Yep. And the fever thing-- so many people think you have to have a fever and all the schools and Dr offices use that to screen but I know 11 people now who have had it, and only 2 had fevers.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

So sorry to hear this. I hope everyone who has it has a mild case and I hope the rest don't get it all.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast