Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh no! I hope you all stay as healthy as possible and that it doesn't spread throughout your family.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    I'm really surprised that my original test was negative because, you know, mom life. I mean, I slept in DS1's bed with him earlier this week because he had a nightmare. So I kind of think it's inevitable that we will all get it. But, the contact tracer from the health dept told us that transmission rates are actually higher for social transmission than for household transmission.
    So sorry you’re dealing with this. Hope it will be easier/shorter for whichever of your family ends up getting it.

I was particularly interested in the contact tracer's comment about social transmission being being more problematic than household transmission. I haven’t heard that before, and not sure why that would be the case.

Take care, and keep us posted. It’s very helpful to hear about real experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We know several families that have it this past week. Seems like all the kids have had headaches and tiredness as their symptoms. Adults have had more varied symptoms.

I took DC in to be tested yesterday on day 4 of a headache, but he has strep instead.

Hope you all feel better soon!
    K

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this. Our 15-year old tested positive about a month ago (he had fairly mild cold symptoms for two days and has been playing hockey so I figured he could had been exposed through that even though they are observing all the required precautions and he's been playing since June without issue). They swabbed him for strep and did a rapid-Covid test (in hindsight I would never do another rapid test and would only do the 24-hour PCR as the rapid one is problematic).

I was super surprised when it was positive because in a normal year I would NEVER have taken him in to the doctor for his very minor cold symptoms. I had the same symptoms (starting one day later) and DD, DH and DS2 never had a symptom at all. DS's entire hockey team, including coaches, and the rest of our family (four of us), our sitter and our house cleaner all tested negative - so that's more than 25 close contacts who were all negative and stayed asymptomatic with a positive test for DS.

DS and I were both fine within 72 hours after symptom onset. Never had fevers, fatigue, chills, loss of taste or smell, headache, body aches etc. No chest congestion or breathing impact at all. We have no idea how he got it and there is a part of me that wonders if he was ever really positive. But, if he was, it didn't spread within our household and we didn't make any effort to keep DS quarantined from the rest of us because we figured we had already been exposed. Hopefully you guys will have a similar experience to ours.

The two-week quarantine was super stressful for everyone, which surprised me because it was so much shorter than the three months we were locked down before we started to venture out a bit this summer - so much so that I am realizing this winter is not going to be a walk in the park - going back into strict lock down was way harder than any of us expected. Now we are back to acting just as we did before he tested positive - assuming that we never had it - because we really don't know and shouldn't assume any kind of protection. Good luck getting through the quarantine/isolation period and I hope the symptoms stay very mild! Glad to hear the grandparents are faring ok too.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no! I hope they are all mild cases. So stressful for all of you.. hugs.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We are going to be using a lot of Force of Nature over the next 2 weeks!
    20201026_093628.jpg

20201026_094017.jpg
    Last edited by petesgirl; 10-26-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Uggh, hang in there. Hopefully he (and all other household members) have a fast recovery.

Our ped has told us that kids aren't giving it to parents. Hopefully you are spared!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Oh no...lots of hugs and prayers to you all. Get well soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    So sorry you’re dealing with this. Hope it will be easier/shorter for whichever of your family ends up getting it.

I was particularly interested in the contact tracer's comment about social transmission being being more problematic than household transmission. I haven’t heard that before, and not sure why that would be the case.

Take care, and keep us posted. It’s very helpful to hear about real experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    I'm on frequent calls with our county health department and they said the same thing a few months back. That as they've done contact tracing and where there's been spreader events, it's more often spread in social gatherings outside the home than within the home. So one other family member might get it but then it's people at work, daycare, church, the neighborhood bbq, and the wedding where the spread occurs. Even, among spouses sharing a bed, they said spread rate is relatively low. I have no idea why.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That’s odd. The families I know now The adults have gotten it from their kids.
    K

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast