Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    MMMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm so sorry and hoping for a speedy recovery for the household.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Interesting! We had something come through our house a few weeks ago. I initially thought it was allergies, as DS was off his meds for testing. Headaches, stuffy nose, and not feeling real great, with a slight cough (from drainage they claim) that lasted less than 24 hours and back to normal by day 5. Then it hit DS2 about 5 days later and DH about 5 days after that. He had a headache like you are describing along with body aches, head congestion and laid in bed for two days. He was much worse than the kids and his cough lasted longer. No fever for anyone. DH did go get a covid test because fo the headache that came back negative. It probably wasn't covid, but makes me wonder if he just tested too early (went in about 36 hours after symptom onset).
    You could test for antibodies. We have friends who had headaches and low fever but no respiratory involvement a few months ago and kids and parents all had antibodies. Dad tested when he had routine blood work drawn for baseline cholesterol etc. and found out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    You could test for antibodies. We have friends who had headaches and low fever but no respiratory involvement a few months ago and kids and parents all had antibodies. Dad tested when he had routine blood work drawn for baseline cholesterol etc. and found out.
    It’s also free to test for antibodies with a Red Cross blood donation. I got a message with results fairly quickly.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    It’s also free to test for antibodies with a Red Cross blood donation. I got a message with results fairly quickly.
    Yes! And in many areas the blood supply is incredibly, scary low right now, so you'd be doing a lot of good as well. I've been donating routinely for years, but I do find it interesting to get my antibody status back now too! (I've donated twice since they started testing it here). Also, some areas are served by blood banks other than Red Cross, but many are testing for antibodies now, so a quick Google search should help you find where you can donate. Just remember to wait until you're 100% healthy to go in to donate!
    Lizi

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Do you get your blood type as well?

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Definitely -- I've donated with several different organizations, and always, if you're a first time donor, you'll get information after the donation that includes your blood type.
    Lizi

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Yeah and everything is in an app now. It's super easy to reference whenever you need it or to keep track of when you've donated & when you can donate again.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hope you all have a mild case.

I have given blood three times since March and no antibodies. We have been on major lockdown here though.

The recent study from England indicated antibodies may not hang around in people's systems very long unfortunately.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...len-study-says

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

So, DH and I tested yesterday and we are both negative. I’m really surprised by my result! I have basically the same symptoms my mom did (started Saturday) and I’ve been sleeping in the extra bed in DS1’s room this entire time. How did I not test positive??
    So at this point DS1 can return to school next Tuesday and the other 3 of us can end quarantine on November 3rd, unless either DH or I test positive before then. But I don’t see either of us getting tested again unless DH gets more symptoms than the sore throat he has had for a few days.

Despite what everyone says about how kids handle it really well I think DS2 has been most affected by it— he has had the worst congestion and been the most fatigued and grumpy with it. That said, His case is still completely mild- just like a bad cold. DS1 only has a cough now but his coughs generally hang on for a long time so I’m keeping a close eye on that. DS2 has only coughed like twice.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    So, DH and I tested yesterday and we are both negative. I’m really surprised by my result! I have basically the same symptoms my mom did (started Saturday) and I’ve been sleeping in the extra bed in DS1’s room this entire time. How did I not test positive??
    So at this point DS1 can return to school next Tuesday and the other 3 of us can end quarantine on November 3rd, unless either DH or I test positive before then. But I don’t see either of us getting tested again unless DH gets more symptoms than the sore throat he has had for a few days.

Despite what everyone says about how kids handle it really well I think DS2 has been most affected by it— he has had the worst congestion and been the most fatigued and grumpy with it. That said, His case is still completely mild- just like a bad cold. DS1 only has a cough now but his coughs generally hang on for a long time so I’m keeping a close eye on that. DS2 has only coughed like twice.
    I have a relative who had 3 roommates with covid, and she had to quarantine with them for 2 weeks. Did not get it then, but did get it about six months later. It’s just very unpredictable.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast