Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Trader Joe's Spiced Cider. I like to heat it up in a crockpot with a couple of cinnamon sticks so we can have it hot for hours. I think I'll have it out on Halloween for us all to drink while we're outside.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My standard go-to is Bigelow Vanilla Chai. Just enough of a hint of vanilla to not make me want to add any sugar.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I buy the plain Lipton tea bags by the hundreds at Costco and drink 3-4/day at work during the winter. Less now that I have to wear a mask all the time but now I’m dehydrated all day.

When I’m feeling fancy I’ll pick up a box of Twinings Lady Grey.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ds1 is my tea guy. He drinks maybe 3 cups/ day. My sister is also a tea lover so she bought her nephew a $50 gc to https://www.adagio.com/ and he was a happy camper. He also visits local tea shops. He mostly sticks with fruity and nutty teas but some chai. Typically he uses loose leaves and has all the necessary strainers for that. He will drink some bagged tea and he liked the TJ fall tea I just bought this year. I'm glad he's at school so I could reclaim a big portion of counter and cabinet that his tea had taken over.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another vote for Twinings Lady Grey - I have reg & decaf
    My current favorite is Republic of Tea Vanilla Almond (also have in both reg & decaf) https://www.republicoftea.com/vanill...-tea/p/v00582/

I like milk in my tea and both of these are yummy with milk.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been drinking Earl Grey since about 1988 because Captain Picard on Star Trek: The Next Generation did; I have about a pound of loose Earl Grey in my pantry, but I'm not happy with any of the tea-balls/strainers I currently have in the house. I also drink a lot of tea.

In the winter, I like the following hot drinks:

• Trader Joe's Chai (black tea, so has caffeine) - the dominant spice in this blend is clove, which I like, but YMMV
    • Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger
    • Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry
    • Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer
    • Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime
    • Mulled Apple Cider (get loose mulling spices & use either a large tea ball OR a double-layer of cheesecloth tied with unwaxed kitchen string)
    • "Telluride Toddy" (4c apple cider; 1c cranberry juice cocktail; 1/2c tequila; 1/4c triple-sec or citrus liqueur; pinch each of ground nutmeg, allspice, clove; 2 cinnamon sticks - you can sub in mulling spices & add more cinnamon sticks for the ground spices)
    • spiked hot cocoa (we spike ours with Bailey's Irish Creme) with whipped cream - any cocoa will do, but we usually use instant packets from Trader Joe's
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We love Tazo decaf chai!

I love this thread! Thanks for the ideas. The only one I’ve not seen mentioned that I like is Bigelow Vanilla Caramel.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I've been drinking Earl Grey since about 1988 because Captain Picard on Star Trek: The Next Generation did; I have about a pound of loose Earl Grey in my pantry, but I'm not happy with any of the tea-balls/strainers I currently have in the house. I also drink a lot of tea.
    I tried so hard to like Earl Grey for this same reason and just... can't.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    I tried so hard to like Earl Grey for this same reason and just... can't.
    If it helps, I know a lot of people who started the same way, but got all bergamot-oil-ed out, so you're not alone.

It's not a flavor that you can be lukewarm on - you either enjoy it or you don't.

I'm actually pretty surprised that I *do* because I can't stand any other citrus-blend teas - lots of folks brought up Mandarin Orange Spice, for example, and I learned very early in life that I hate that one. Same with Bigelow Constant Comment. So, again, YMMV.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast