Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Device Safe

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Device Safe

I've seen a few posts refer to a device safe but when I search on Amazon I'm not finding anything. If you have one can you drop a link? We are having lots of challenges with impulse control and devices.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Default Device Safe

We bought this safe. It’s been perfect. DS1 has zero impulse control when it comes to electronics.

I purchased a relatively larger one because I wanted to fit all iPads, Xbox controllers, and remotes in it.

AmazonBasics Home Keypad Safe -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078K4W8N9...p_mob_ap_share
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 10-26-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

We just hid the controllers. I’ve heard of people taking them with them when go to work

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We just use a gun safe. I suppose you could just use something like a footlocker; as long as it locks.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have this safe, but Google taught my kids how to open it easily with a pen cap or paper clip!
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BGY043Q..._A31LFb7QC2E6E

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    We just hid the controllers. I’ve heard of people taking them with them when go to work

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    We did that for a while but SS would find them and wake us up at 4am climbing up a tall shelf.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

We bought a safe after I gave up trying to find new hiding places and started _forgetting_ where i hidden the devices. The best hiding places we had found in the end were in hidden compartment in the back of my van and I think we would have stayed with that if we hadn't gotten the safe.

This is our safe: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...l_ac_lock.html

I can't believe we spent over $200 on a place to lock our devices up, but I don't know what we would have done without it this year. After a day or two of pure revolt against it, DS tried to take it apart, the kids just roll with it, but we have had to change the combo lock a few times
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

double post, sorry
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We did that for a while but SS would find them and wake us up at 4am climbing up a tall shelf.
    BTDT. I don't think people with compliant, generally rule-following children understand the lengths that some kids will go to in order to get to devices, regardless of the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    We bought a safe after I gave up trying to find new hiding places and started _forgetting_ where i hidden the devices.
    I hear you! I just found DS3's iPod touch while cleaning out a corner of my room and when we turned it on, it said it had been offline for 44 weeks. Of course he had it less than 12 hours before he lost it for refusing it put it away when asked.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I know people who lock it in the vehicle and parents have the car keys.

My friend brought her DD's phone over here two weeks ago, it sits in my dining room. DS who is a classmate of hers (both freshman) thinks it's crazy but says she has always been inattentive in class and he said in zoom classes she was always screwing around. Her mom is so frustrated, she is medicated, they go to therapy, mom is working from home full time and has her dd in the same room as her (has two other kids as well). I feel bad as I've seen her frustration over the years, and a nasty divorce because the dad moved into his girlfriends a few years ago (the girlfriend was a family friend).

Good luck in finding a solution. I know friends who have done a 2 week break from gaming. Not sure if that's feasible?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast