niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Self-absorption is high with this one

My dad is in hospital for supervision while changing his meds. My sister told me she had a blanket made for dad of photos of all of us. I’m thinking “all of us” means mom, dad, all his children and his only grandchild.

Nope.

Out of 16 photos, she is in 15, one group shot is her with a group of kids my dad doesn’t even know (think it’s a work photo), there are 4 photos of her by herself, one photo of her cat by itself my dad has never met her cat, mom my sister and I are in 3 group photos and his grandson is only in one group photo when he was 3!!! DS is driving. If she didn’t have an updated photo of DS then how about ask me for one

Yes it’s her gift, yes she can put whatever photos she wants on the blanket. It’s not of “all of us”. It’s “all of her”.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 10-27-2020 at 11:43 PM.

That is pathetic and hurtful. I’m sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    That is pathetic and hurtful. I’m sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not hurt by it. Years ago I would’ve been. Lots of therapy. I didn’t respond as it’s not worth the drama. This is who she is. I think the blanket photos are a great idea, but it’s blanket of her, not all the family.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's so bad it could almost be funny, like something from a parody. I mean, how incredibly clueless! Do you think your dad will still like it?

Default Self-absorption is high with this one

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    That's so bad it could almost be funny, like something from a parody. I mean, how incredibly clueless! Do you think your dad will still like it?
    He’ll like it. I don’t think it’ll register with him. Question is if my mom will even let him have it. I can see her rolling her eyes and putting it away. Dad will forget about it and not ask for it.

There’s one photo of my sister with my mom, and then 3 photos of my sister with my dad. There is not one photo of my mom with my dad. There’s a photo of my sister’s cat but no photo of my dad’s dogs that he loves. I know she may not have all those photos , but she could’ve asked as I have some.

Last edited by niccig; 10-28-2020 at 05:20 PM.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

As someone who sees these blankets at work, I'm sure the nurses will chuckle, at this point you can only laugh knowing she is making a fool of herself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk