Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Where can I buy a nice 14 karat gold necklace?

Where can I buy a nice 14 karat gold necklace that isn't crazy expensive?

I have always loved James Avery jewelry but I don't want to spend almost $400 on a necklace. This is
    for my 18 yr. old daughter.

There's got to be other places to buy a nice 14 kt. gold necklace!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

we have a local jewelry shop that we buy all of our stuff. It's a small family run place. It's not one of the fancy places that carries fancy brands like you'd see advertised. Just good quality stuff. The family has been in the business for at least 100 years and I trust them. Can you get a recommendation for something like that? I hate to pay the mark up for something like Tiffany's.
    You can also just look at Macy's. I mean, gold is gold, right? I feel like they always have crazy good sales there.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    we have a local jewelry shop that we buy all of our stuff. It's a small family run place. It's not one of the fancy places that carries fancy brands like you'd see advertised. Just good quality stuff. The family has been in the business for at least 100 years and I trust them. Can you get a recommendation for something like that? I hate to pay the mark up for something like Tiffany's.
    You can also just look at Macy's. I mean, gold is gold, right? I feel like they always have crazy good sales there.
    We have a local no frills jewelry store that we buy all our jewelry through. They’re great. If they don’t have what we want they will make it or source it for us.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Another fan of the local jeweler. Do you have a jewelry district in your city or close to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you can't find something local, I'd try Etsy. Tons of reasonable sellers on Etsy.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Don't know if she'd like something with her initial on it, but I ordered myself a necklace from this Etsy seller and it is very high quality and turnaround time was very fast.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BelkyGold?...g_id=791896895
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.