AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default IQAir Nanomax ac filter.....economical replacement options?

So we had to turn our heater on the other day so Dh checked the filter and texted me the photo of it and it turns out it is a IQ Air Nanomax Merv 16 filter. I did a search for the filter and it seems to be generally sold for homes that have the IQ Air whole house filter and the only replacements I have seen are $345 for a package of 4. The filter supposedly lasts a year and ours is still pretty clean even with the fires from last month when our air quality was pretty bad and I couldn’t smell the fires at all in the house; but we don’t know how the filter is. It doesn’t look like we have an IQ Air Whole House system, just a normal AC/heating unit.

In our old house we used the $17 or Filtrete filter which seemed to do a good job, but now that we have this super strength one I am wondering if I should just keep trying to find something that works that well but just more affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would get the IQ Air. I love the peace of mind their air purifiers give me. Especially when there’s so much weird stuff going on right now.

Have you had your unit serviced? Are you sure there’s not anything built into your unit? We have an aprilaire unit built into ours but you can’t tell. The filters are $$ but I pray they are making a difference in our old house air.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I would get the IQ Air. I love the peace of mind their air purifiers give me. Especially when there’s so much weird stuff going on right now.

Have you had your unit serviced? Are you sure there’s not anything built into your unit? We have an aprilaire unit built into ours but you can’t tell. The filters are $$ but I pray they are making a difference in our old house air.

We do not have a whole house unit. I already had DH check. There was no additional unit in our attic. I am hoping to keep the IQ Air one going this winter. When I need to replace it though Dh says we should find one more affordable.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)