hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Workman and masks

We have a workman in our house right now. He is supposed to be doing the annual service on the furnace (in the basement), but we are having issues with our zones so he is everywhere! DC were dismissed from school early, the dog is freaking out that is random guy is in the house, DH is letting him use the front door (I usually have them use the basement door to reduce disruptions). Now I see he is not wearing his mask!!! DH is supposed to be taking over this one since he is now working remotely. The first thing the workman says is "I can't see with this mask on..." . Now I realize he is walking around my house with it off! I just talked to him and told him he needs to wear his mask, but REALLY??? I am resisting the urge to call the company to complain! We scheduled this so he would be here when DC were at school, the dog is supposed to be in DH's office with him so I can get a few things done. NOPE, another day of me not getting my work done AND, now, the added worry of getting COVID from this workman who won't follow the rules!

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Unacceptable! I'm glad you told him he needs to keep it on. And I don't think it's inappropriate to call the company about it either -- he's in and out of random houses all day -- for everyone's safety, that should be a non-negotiable thing.

We've had several issues that have required workers in our house since the pandemic started. Most of the time they already had the mask on when they came to the door, but the few times they didn't, I just asked them to, and no one had any issue or complaint.....and we live in a super non-mask compliant area! I've had a couple guys ask me if it was okay if they took the mask off while they were doing the outdoors work, but no one ever tried to take it off inside. I would be angry too!!!
    Lizi

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks. We actually need a replacement part. When they call to schedule the work I am going to tell them that the workman needs to keep his mask on the entire time he is in the house!!!

We are in a mask required state, but not an area that is very compliant! It's horrible.

DH just told me that he had to "dumb it down" for the workman who did not seem to have a clue...ugh!
    Last edited by hbridge; 10-30-2020 at 03:01 PM.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Ugh. It's so annoying. I have to go to the office several times per week (ugh). Our offices are being remodeled and most of the workers doing the remodel are not wearing their masks regularly or properly. We (employees) have to share the same hallways and some rooms with them. I've had to tell workers to put on their masks and reported their non-compliance to their foreman. The worse is when they'll put it on, but then quickly take it off when I'm not looking. I have reported to our Admin, but they don't really follow up. Super frustrating.

Definitely tell the company that he needs to wear a masks inside your house!