jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default ISO Recipe for leftover ham

Please share your favorite recipe to use leftover ham. I have quite a bit left and I’m the only one that will eat it in a sandwich. Also, ham was frozen then heated. Is it ok for me to freeze the leftovers to use in the future?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Frittata https://www.realsimple.com/food-reci...inach-frittata
    Don't listen to their potato method. You have to somehow cook the potatoes more, like parboil them. They don't come close to getting cooked in the method in that recipe. Otherwise, we like that recipe. You can change around the fillings (we never use spinach, for example).

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quiche/Omelettes, Split Pea Soup, Bean Soup, Potato Soup, pineapple+ham on pizza or sandwiches, beans & rice with ham. What about some kind of pocket sandwiches made with biscuit dough like a little hot pocket?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    ... some kind of pocket sandwiches made with biscuit dough like a little hot pocket?
    I have done that with refrigerator biscuits - I rolled each biscuit out a bit, used about 1Tbsp diced ham, ~1/2tsp Trader Joe's Mango Chutney in some and diced ham & shredded Gruyere in the rest.

Then crimp the edges together with a fork, stab a vent in the middle, and make an egg wash so they turn out golden-brown & delicious.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks so much for all the ideas. I have most of a ham so I’ll do a few of these.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I have done that with refrigerator biscuits - I rolled each biscuit out a bit, used about 1Tbsp diced ham, ~1/2tsp Trader Joe's Mango Chutney in some and diced ham & shredded Gruyere in the rest.

Then crimp the edges together with a fork, stab a vent in the middle, and make an egg wash so they turn out golden-brown & delicious.
    This sounds awesome! We’re off tomorrow so we’re going to give these a try!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We dice it up and bake it in Pioneer Woman's version of mac & cheese. Awesome! Just be careful to not salt the mac & cheese - the ham will add enough salt.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21...ty-sandwiches/
    Those little Hawaiian roll sandwiches get eaten quickly.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post

Oh my word that sounds way better than I imagined!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Oh my word that sounds way better than I imagined!
    These are flavors that I enjoy, but it'd be just as yummy with plain cheddar or jack cheese instead of going fancy with Gruyere. If I'm already at Trader Joe's, I'm gonna look in the cheese case, because I can often find decent prices on different cheeses like Gruyere or Fontina. Speaking of which, I think Fontina would also work with diced ham!

Honestly, something like a peach or pineapple salsa would pair just as nicely with the ham as the mango chutney that I like.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle