Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Covid complaint

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Covid complaint

DS got an invite to a birthday party a few weeks ago. There was no RSVP requirement on it, so I didn't reply that we weren't coming but did put a card in the mail a few days ago. Our mail is super slow so it probably hasn't gotten there yet. When the invite came I was annoyed that they were having the party but covid cases were still fairly low. Now it's OUT OF CONTROL. We are above 600 cases per 100,000k. Our county is one of the top 10 in the state with highest cases per 100,000. So I get a text tonight. "Just checking to see if DS is coming to the party tomorrow." WTH??? You're still having a birthday party with 8 year olds at a movie theater where you're then going to transport said 8 year olds in your cars to your house for cake and ice cream. Not to mention mom is 12 weeks pregnant. Are you kidding me?? I just don't get people right now. No one in my area gets it.

Yep, it’s the same here. Seriously, just stay home everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Am I the only one happy to have an excuse not to host birthday parties? Or the only one who thinks my kid will benefit from putting others in the community ahead of his desires. We have made fun albeit different memories during this time with just the 4 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m so amazed at all this casual birthdays parties, movies, carpooling etc going on?!? It just makes realize I really live in a bubble. Both my kids have had friends with birthdays that were held outside, socially distanced. Now nothing will happen until spring cuz no one is moving anything indoors. I’m not even having DS2 party in January but pushing it back into next summer if it is safe.

Feel so bad for you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Whoa. No way I'd go to that party! I'd say that I can't believe they're having it, but I also live in an area that is carrying on like normal, so I'm not actually that surprised....just sad. We have been to two birthday parties since this all started, but each was outside, and with only one other family.
    Lizi

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

sadly, this is totally normal for my area people act like it's nothing. it's beyond infuriating. on facebook i saw DH"s cousin a few weeks ago have a party for 8yo son also at a movie theater. There were literally 20 kids there (his whole class i guess). maybe 4 kids total wearing masks in the photo, two of them wearing it wrong. people do not care.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by [emoji813
    ms.pacman;4381906]people do not care.
    And this sums up the problem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow!! No way.

I had a former coworker just have a small wedding for her daughter. Guess what, pretty much everyone who attended the wedding now has covid, including one who ended up in the hospital. I don’t understand why people think it isn’t going to happen to them. Numbers are going to be out of control after the holidays because people refuse to stay home and avoid gatherings.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Am I the only one happy to have an excuse not to host birthday parties? Or the only one who thinks my kid will benefit from putting others in the community ahead of his desires. We have made fun albeit different memories during this time with just the 4 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are not!!! We did a virtual bday party for the kids this year, with a drive-by to hand out cupcakes/favors beforehand, and it was great! Easy planning, NO MESS TO CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS.

It is sad though, my kids recently got a bday invite from a bestie who is doing an indoor party (an escape room...pretty much as confined-indoors-for-an-hour as you can get) for which the host parent would provide transport to/from. We had to turn it down. They had a very limited guest list, only a few kids, and were extremely gracious about the invitation that came attached with "totally understand if you're not comfortable" language but it did make me sad. We are still getting the bestie gifts and will do the gift exchange after school outdoors, but my kids were so sad about it and that made me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    You are not!!! We did a virtual bday party for the kids this year, with a drive-by to hand out cupcakes/favors beforehand, and it was great! Easy planning, NO MESS TO CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS.

It is sad though, my kids recently got a bday invite from a bestie who is doing an indoor party (an escape room...pretty much as confined-indoors-for-an-hour as you can get) for which the host parent would provide transport to/from. We had to turn it down. They had a very limited guest list, only a few kids, and were extremely gracious about the invitation that came attached with "totally understand if you're not comfortable" language but it did make me sad. We are still getting the bestie gifts and will do the gift exchange after school outdoors, but my kids were so sad about it and that made me sad.
    An escape room birthday party during a pandemic is so ironic. Those rooms are pretty small, no windows. The one we did for DD a few years ago involved us all being handcuffed together. If anyone had covid, the whole party would get it. No escaping covid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast