Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Even when not virtual our conferences are limited to 15 minutes with the homeroom teacher. If we need to speak to another teacher with questions or concerns we can email and ask for a time.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here, we have to have parent conferences for all students the first quarter. We are doing them right now. They are all virtual. The second set of conferences are for students at risk, and any other parent that wants them.

I’m guessing they are limiting conferences due to the ridiculous amount of work teachers are dealing with these days. I’m sure if you email the teacher they will set up a conference for you. I’m teaching 100% virtual, but average about 12 hours a day of work and a bunch more on the weekend. I hear that teachers teaching hybrid are working even longer hours.

My middle schooler doesn’t have conferences, but we can email his teachers at any time. They do have office hours once a week, but they are during my teacher hours, so I just stick to sending an email that they can answer when they get a chance.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have conferences for my two HS students tomorrow -- they go to different high schools in the same district. This year, because we have about 1/3 of the students virtual and teachers are sharing courseloads throughout the district, the district set up centralized scheduling for conferences with any teacher.... but, everything happens tomorrow. We could schedule 6 minute conferences per teacher. Fortunately, I noticed the email when it was delivered and was one of the first to schedule. I was sucessful in scheduling all 14 conferences...it will be a long day for all involved tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2