View Poll Results: What are your children's schools doing?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Public School: In Person Full Time

12 26.67%
  • Public School: In Person Hybrid Model

11 24.44%
  • Public School: In Person All Virtual

16 35.56%
  • Private School: In Person Full Time

7 15.56%
  • Private School: In Person Hybrid Model

3 6.67%
  • Private School: In Person All Virtual

0 0%
  • Other

2 4.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Private schools here have been open, mostly on hybrid schedules, but will be going remote the weeks before and after thanksgiving and I would not be surprised to see them stay that way through the Christmas holidays. Public schools are just starting to bring some kids back, but I think that will be put off too. I am in MD.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

High school and middle school (public) are hybrid here - every other day with half the kids each day. It's been going well since mid-August. Until two weeks ago when cases jumped from 1-ish in the high school (5500 kids) and 1-ish in middle schools (4200 kids) to 19 in HS and 10 in middle. More concerning was jump in teachers/staff in the district from 2-3 a week to 8. Stats come out again Monday - will be very interesting to see. The governor just put new restrictions in state-wide on Wednesday to limit crowd sizes. Mask adherence is actually good in public places - but too many still gathering inside, eating inside at restaurants, going to house parties etc.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Virtual with no end in sight sadly.

My DS1's private school is k-12 on 2 separate campuses. They applied for a waiver and were able to bring kindergarteners to campus starting this past week. 1st graders are meant to start back this week. That's about it for now. If they ever get a chance to bring back students from the upper school they said their main priority would be to bring the seniors back first, so that would be DS1.

It sucks because both of my kids' schools are extremely small (1 private, 1 charter) and they had extremely detailed hybrid plans since the summer that I think they could have successfully pulled off.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are 100% virtual with no end in sight. My guess is by March we may be able to return. I know they are aiming for January, but with the holidays and people not following the guidelines, I anticipate the numbers to sky rocket by early January.

Our public school district is offering the option of in person or virtual, with the ability to switch at any time. Elementary is full time and all schools above are hybrid. Our hybrid system is every other week with all kids attending virtually on Wednesdays. We’ve now been back in school for a month and just got a “how are things going survey.” My big wish is that they drop virtual Wednesday. The every other week thing doesn’t phase DD.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

We started in Sept with hybrid or all virtual model. We chose hybrid as with schedule work for cohort A & B, it meant the kids was only in school 2 half days with 3 full virtual days at home. That still remains the same, as there was a rumor started by a reporter that our governor was gonna shutdown all of the schools, and it caused a lot of panic. The governor had to make a special briefing to say it isn’t gonna happen, not statewide anyway. Only when there’s a concentrated breakout at any of the schools.

However, I got an interesting email our district with new plans for DS2. Instead of all virtual only or continuing the same model so far, they’re discontinuing the hybrid model after Xmas break. Offering 5 half days in or 5 virtual days options. This is the PreK-3rd grade school only, as other schools where DS1 goes, middle school isn’t affected by this new change. The reasoning behind this change is that a lot of young students are really struggling with the hybrid synchronous model, and the teachers aren’t giving their best in their setups. I agreed as Ds2 is struggling. But I am worried that they’re doing this in January though. Our cases is going up, not as much as Midwest or southern states but still...and it’s January with flu season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Our public school district is offering the option of in person or virtual, with the ability to switch at any time. Elementary is full time and all schools above are hybrid. Our hybrid system is every other week with all kids attending virtually on Wednesdays. We’ve now been back in school for a month and just got a “how are things going survey.” My big wish is that they drop virtual Wednesday. The every other week thing doesn’t phase DD.
    What? They go to school week 1 Mon Tue , Th, Fri and are virtual that Wed and the whole following week week 2 ???? Why?
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    What are your schools doing right now? With no national plan, every district, school, state, town, ect. is doing something different. It's insane.
    I don't think a national plan is the answer. Every school is different. Every district is different. Every state is different. I do think this is something that the states should implement.

That being said, we are private and in person full time. I have children at two different schools with two different approaches and I am comfortable with both. No cases thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    What? They go to school week 1 Mon Tue , Th, Fri and are virtual that Wed and the whole following week week 2 ???? Why?
    Our school district is the same way. Hybrid every other week, but everyone is virtual on Wednesday. I also wish they would just drop the virtual Wednesday and make it in person. Their reasoning is so that they can deep clean the buildings on Wednesdays.
    Last edited by ett; 11-14-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We are 90 minutes or so east of Downtown Los Angeles. Our schools (Catholic diocese supported) have been virtual since early August. Dd1’s high school has no end to virtual, and we just found out that they hoping to go back 5 days for grades tk-5 on December 7th; our waiver was approved on 11/6.They are hoping to reclassify 6th grade from middle to elementary school so they can go back as well. The school has about 240 kids tk to 8th grade so there will be about 170-180 kids on campus. The classrooms are large so social distancing won’t be an issue (bonus to classrooms being built in the 50s and 60s when enrollment was almost 40 kid’s minimum). It is also assumed that not all kids will go back. We have a meeting in a few weeks to iron out the details.

Public schools in my city are still virtual. A large district one city over from us just said they plan to go back January 4th for year round elementary, and January 11th for traditional elementary school schedules. Their waiver was approved on 11/3. The county public health department just announced yesterday that they are halting the review of additional elementary school waivers to go back to school as long as cases are 200+/100,000 and will not start reviewing until cases are consistently lower than 200/100,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast