Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Favorite leggings- either workout or lounging?

Hello,
    I need to get some new leggings- doesn't really matter if they are for working out or hanging out. Wondering what everyone's favorites are these days. I'm 5'1 and would love to find some that don't need to be hemmed if possible. Thanks in advance!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love Lululemon Wonder Unders. They come in several different lengths. They are pricey but they last for years. I do work out in them but they are comfortable in general too. I can still wear the first pair I bought about 10 years ago. They have several different fabrics now so if you have a store to try them it would be helpful. But you can also order online with free shipping and returns.

Thank you. I was just looking at those. I am trying to figure out the sizes. I am about 5'1 and 135. I can't go into a store right now so trying to figure out which length would work if I want long ones but don't want to hem them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I love Lululemon Wonder Unders. They come in several different lengths. They are pricey but they last for years. I do work out in them but they are comfortable in general too. I can still wear the first pair I bought about 10 years ago. They have several different fabrics now so if you have a store to try them it would be helpful. But you can also order online with free shipping and returns.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I also like Wunder Unders, mainly because the pairs in the Luxtreme fabric don't attract cat hair. I haven't found anything else that doesn't!

I usually size down in them. In terms of length, do you have any leggings that you like that you could measure to compare to? I'm 5'3" and the 21" style hits me a few inches above my anklebone (say, a 7/8 length), and the 23" are full-length.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am obsessed with Old Navy's Elevate Powersoft Side Pocket Leggings. I own MANY pairs. You can almost always find them on sale and even when not on sale, they are reasonable. I am hard on leggings and these have held up better than all of the expensive brands. Today I am wearing Athleta leggings and I think I will change because they aren't nearly as good as the ONs.

Thank you! I don't have anything to measure. We were in the middle of a move when COVID 19 happened and all my winter stuff is still in storage. Trying to get a few things quickly! I tried to start a chat with them online to ask about sizing but keep getting kicked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    I also like Wunder Unders, mainly because the pairs in the Luxtreme fabric don't attract cat hair. I haven't found anything else that doesn't!

I usually size down in them. In terms of length, do you have any leggings that you like that you could measure to compare to? I'm 5'3" and the 21" style hits me a few inches above my anklebone (say, a 7/8 length), and the 23" are full-length.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Another thumbs up for those Powersoft Old Navy leggings. Fraction of the price of other leggings and my go-tos.
    Though I have been liking my 7/8 Zella's that I bought on the anniversary sale this summer at Nordstrom. I might even buy a 2nd pair at full price because I really like them. As a fellow shorty (5'2"), the 7/8 ones are perfect length wise. They are like the length of a full length legging on me- no bunching at the ankles.
    My lone Athleta pair is soft as butter but pilled very, very quickly.
    Tuffs from Costco are really good too. My one pair is like 5 years old and in perfect shape.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Another thumbs up for those Powersoft Old Navy leggings. Fraction of the price of other leggings and my go-tos.
    Though I have been liking my 7/8 Zella's that I bought on the anniversary sale this summer at Nordstrom. I might even buy a 2nd pair at full price because I really like them. As a fellow shorty (5'2"), the 7/8 ones are perfect length wise. They are like the length of a full length legging on me- no bunching at the ankles.
    My lone Athleta pair is soft as butter but pilled very, very quickly.
    Tuffs from Costco are really good too. My one pair is like 5 years old and in perfect shape.
    Yes, I get a pair of Zellas every year. They are a little blacker and smoother than my Tuffs, so I tend to wear them as “dressy” leggings (ie leaving the house!) whereas the Tuffs I wear more for lounging. Could just be because the Tuffs are a few years old and probably faded. All leggings pill on me but I just shave them off with a sweater shaver.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Yes, I get a pair of Zellas every year. They are a little blacker and smoother than my Tuffs, so I tend to wear them as “dressy” leggings (ie leaving the house!) whereas the Tuffs I wear more for lounging. Could just be because the Tuffs are a few years old and probably faded. All leggings pill on me but I just shave them off with a sweater shaver.
    I think of my Zella’s the same way (my “dressy” pair)

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m 5’2 and closer to 145lbs for reference. Regular pants a 10, occasionally an 8. Usually buy a size large for leggings. I buy my leggings for the purpose of running but sometimes lounge in them. For me side pockets are a must. I have one pair of Lululemon and they’re OK but have a bit more give than I’d like and don’t really seem any better than my cheaper pairs (Marks & Spencer). I really like the Baleaf shorts I bought over the summer off Amazon and I’m going to try their leggings soon since the weather is getting colder. A lot of companies sell what are called 7/8ths length. So not full length, but not Capri either. You may find those work well as a full length for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast