Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

UPDATE:

I ruined the green beans because I just needed to sit down, but managed to time everything else fine ... even with a short (outdoor, physically distanced) visit with MIL & FIL in their driveway.

Oh, and don't keep cheap wine for more than a year or so. (We opened a massive bottle of something my dad & his then-wife gave us and it ... had turned. Thankfully, DH's SIL's stepfather is a wine guy and had given us a lovely un-oaked Chardonnay.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My timeline is all shot to heck! We are assuming at this point that the darned bird is more frozen than we noticed. It’s a fresh turkey from Whole Foods but it was frozen inside when I got it Tuesday night. It’s been in the fridge since then and I didn’t think it was that frozen but we are now 80+ minutes over anticipated cooking time and still 9 degrees to go! The pop up went off ages ago but our thermometers just aren’t reading close to done (tried in various spots...).
    My mashed potatoes are withering in their dish and the rolls have over risen.
    Luckily the glass of wine got me a bit less frustrated. Might be time for another.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, mine was all timed better than usual but 2h late. The turkey breast was still frozen. As in, it had a block of ice in the center that I repeatedly stabbed with a knife while running it under warm water. Helped with stress relief!

I thought it would only take 2h to cook so I left it out for an hour before putting it in the oven but it ended up taking 4h (!!) It wasnt dry at all (shocking)

The broccoli had a lovely smokey flavor because apparently I didnt put enough water in the steamer. ....

We had a good meal and I'm done! Happy Thanksgiving!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Default Thanksgiving Planning Timeline

The whole timeline is much easier when you don’t cook a turkey. DH decided he’d rather have tandoori chicken, so we ordered some from a local Indian restaurant that was open today. Then I made several traditional side dishes. It was so nice not have to worry about a turkey and whether or not it was done. Everything was perfect, and it was stress-free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Thanksgiving Planning Timeline

My timeline was shorter than I expected. I’ve learned from past previously half frozen turkeys, they say it’s not frozen but there’s ice in the cavity. I bought it Saturday so it had several days in fridge to defrost fully, then I let it sit at room temp for an hour before cooking. I overdid the Brussels sprouts - still within recipe time but we like them when tender but not soft. Everything else turned out. I do a much prep as I can beforehand so less to do on the day. Much less stress when just cooking and don’t have to clean for guests

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3