Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Why do I feel so awful?

You guys, I've already considered that maybe I have COVID? I have a few COVID like symptoms but this has gone on for a few weeks with some respite. I would absolutely get a COVID test except that I fail the initial screening exams and also I think I'm super stressed about having COVID which might be part of the problem? Also, this has been going on for several weeks with a period of about 4 weeks of respite. It doesn't feel like a viral illness. Again, maybe the answer is a COVID test? But by this point if I went and got one every time I suspected I might I'd have had like 8 COVID exams already.

So here are my symptoms. The worst is headache and muscle aches. My first headache (over 2 months ago) that lasted almost a week was more like a migraine. The current one that started around my cycle is sore around my neck and the back of my head. My muscles are sore. I'm working out HARD so it could be that I pulled something? I'm just in pain.

Ibuprofen isn't touching these headaches. It is so strange to me because they are tolerable without medication but sometimes I've been known to "pop" a few ibuprofen just to feel better and I'm just not seeing a big improvement.

My tummy feels empty and scratch and so does my throat. I don't know how to describe it other than just not good. I just feel achy and in pain. I have no fever. I can smell everything just fine. I don't have a cough or congestion of any kind.

I'm SOOO stressed these days. I am trying really hard to manage it. For about a month I feel like I was doing well but it is spilling over. I'm wondering if it is possible the headache is just sleep deprivation? All the sudden my pillow doesn't feel comfortable and I cannot sleep past 5:00 a.m.

In the scheme of things, I'm not in horrible pain. I just haven't felt GOOD for almost a week. And I had a similar episode about 2 months ago or so. Could this simply be stress?

Am I missing something?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Can't you get a test without meeting requirements? Not sure where you live but here you can get an RT-PCR test without ANY prerequisite and get the results in 24-36 hours. If you can do that, I would just for peace of mind, and it would help reduce the stress associated with not knowing.

Allergies. My allergies have made me feel sick enough times during this pandemic to make me worry that I caught covid multiple times. No fever, but that scratchy throat/achy/fatigued/"not right" feeling. Have you tried taking some zyrtec to see if that helps with the symptoms? When I remind myself that it could be allergies and take a zyrtec, I feel way better the next day.

What are the initial screenings that are not allowing you to get a test? It seems to me that you should be able to get a test (and have it covered by insurance) with those symptoms. Have you seen your PCP? Would he order a test?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Can't you get a test without meeting requirements? Not sure where you live but here you can get an RT-PCR test without ANY prerequisite and get the results in 24-36 hours. If you can do that, I would just for peace of mind.

Allergies. My allergies have made me feel sick enough times during this pandemic to make me worry that I caught covid multiple times. No fever, but that scratchy throat/achy/fatigued/"not right" feeling. Have you tried taking some zyrtec to see if that helps with the symptoms? When I remind myself that it could be allergies and take a zyrtec, I feel way better the next day.
    I bet I can get a test. My insurance company definitely offers them. When I call their advice to get info, they claim I don't have enough symptoms to warrant one and I don't have any exposure to someone who has tested positive either... I'm just wondering if I'm clogging up the system by testing myself? How I would love to have rapid daily tests!

I don't know if we have any allergy stuff around. Maybe I'll have to get some to try it out though I'm not aware of having allergies. It does sort of feel like a sinus infection actually? But don't you have to have a cold first? Perhaps not.

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    What are the initial screenings that are not allowing you to get a test? It seems to me that you should be able to get a test (and have it covered by insurance) with those symptoms. Have you seen your PCP? Would he order a test?
    I'm sure my PCP would be ok ordering me a test. I just called the number to get info (through Kaiser) and they had me go through a phone screen that said I don't need a test! I'm certain I could get one if I push for one.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I bet I can get a test. My insurance company definitely offers them. When I call their advice to get info, they claim I don't have enough symptoms to warrant one and I don't have any exposure to someone who has tested positive either... I'm just wondering if I'm clogging up the system by testing myself? How I would love to have rapid daily tests!

I don't know if we have any allergy stuff around. Maybe I'll have to get some to try it out though I'm not aware of having allergies. It does sort of feel like a sinus infection actually? But don't you have to have a cold first? Perhaps not.
    Definitely grab some zyrtec next time you're at the store and try. I am one of those allergy sufferers who doesn't sneeze nonstop or have a super drippy nose, etc. I instead just feel "off". I might have a dry scratchy slighty sore throat. I might even run a slight fever. My skin feels like it's pulsing, the way it does when I get an actual viral illness. So I don't immediately think "allergies" but my PCP reminded me "don't be shy about taking that zyrtec!" because she could see in my nose that I had allergic rhinitis going on. So...when I remember that it could be allergies, I take a zyrtec and presto - I feel better the next day apart from the dry mouth which is a side effect! You don't have to have a cold first to have a sinus infection. Allergies can definitely do it!

On the surface, it sounds like stress is a big possibility. Have you had a physical lately with bloodwork? Just to rule out anything else like thyroid or vitamin deficiency. A few years ago, I felt pretty lousy and my bloodwork revealed low B12 and D. After supplementing, I felt much better. COVID is on the differential (isn't for everything these days?!) but since it's happened before, it doesn't sound completely likely. But I would get a test to rule it out.

Hope you figure it out and feel better soon. It's stressful just muddling through these days.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Default Why do I feel so awful?

Just get a test. A PCR one. It could be covid or it could be stress and allergies.

I’ve had a headache about 50% of the time for a few weeks, but I know it’s stress. It was election stress, now it’s pandemic stress (which was also there before).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes definitely try an allergy medication. Sometimes I have to take a Benadryl before I go to bed and then if that doesn’t work I wake up and to have to take an ibuprofen as well. Last week I had a crazy headache and it didn’t go away until I had taken 400mg of ibuprofen. It is a crap shoot whether it is Benedryl or the ibuprofen that will work. This is all allergy related for me. I can take Flonase and that won’t help the headache at all. Heat for me also brings in awful headaches.

Your county must not have expanded free testing does it because they are not not purple. That stinks. I know free testing without symptoms is standard in most counties trying to get to a lower tier so they can encourage people to test because people aren’t testing and therefore not meeting the numbers to get to a lower watchlist tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

The headache could def be stress, I've had so many headaches this past year and I don't often get them unless I'm stressed. Last year I had an inexplicable headache for several days that progressed into weird ear issues, turned out it was a sinus infection, but I never had the sinus symptoms I would have expected, no nasal drip, no fever, etc.

On the COVID test front in our county you just sign up and take one, no referral or qualifying symptoms or payment needed (although i do think they may try to bill your insurance). DH did one Sat after he learned he might have been exposed last weekend, but he has no symptoms. Is not available in LA? I'm not sure if it's a county or state thing.

edited to add: our county's not been purple for a while (although we're sadly headed back there)
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast