Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    To me with the aches and the headache I cannot believe you don't meet the criteria. Here in NY you def do.
    Yes I agree. DD had regular cold symptoms and they had her test last week. She was negative, but didn't have any flu-like symptoms.

Yours sound more flu-like than hers (achey). Sense of smell lost? Talk to your primary care, we had to talk with ours to get a test.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So I got through to Kaiser. Apparently you have to have doctor approval to process the test. They've left a message with my provider and then I can drive through and get the test. What a hassle! I should have just done the CVS thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Maybe I"m going to have to go to a Walgreens or CVS. I just tried to go through the Kaiser app and this time I got the "you might have COVID" screening result followed by advice to quarantine for 14 days. I am now on hold through the phone tree. I just want to know how to get a test! I find it very strange that my "potential" positive case did not automatically redirect me to get a test and give a location for that.

The difference between my headache about 2 months ago and how I'm feeling now is the muscle aches. I didn't have that last time. I'm just not sure that it is not related to my really intense workout or again, just stress!
    I missed that you were having muscle aches with the headache. You definitely should get a test. When you call to schedule, make sure you are not downplaying your symptoms at all (and maybe exaggerate a bit). Testing should not be difficult for anyone, especially when you have symptoms. DH has had several tests at Walgreens (PCR and rapid, but you probably want PCR with symptoms) and never had trouble scheduling but recommends making sure you report all your symptoms.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My dad's only symptoms were bad headache and body aches.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You guys, I've already considered that maybe I have COVID? I have a few COVID like symptoms but this has gone on for a few weeks with some respite. I would absolutely get a COVID test except that I fail the initial screening exams and also I think I'm super stressed about having COVID which might be part of the problem? Also, this has been going on for several weeks with a period of about 4 weeks of respite. It doesn't feel like a viral illness. Again, maybe the answer is a COVID test? But by this point if I went and got one every time I suspected I might I'd have had like 8 COVID exams already.

So here are my symptoms. The worst is headache and muscle aches. My first headache (over 2 months ago) that lasted almost a week was more like a migraine. The current one that started around my cycle is sore around my neck and the back of my head. My muscles are sore. I'm working out HARD so it could be that I pulled something? I'm just in pain.

Ibuprofen isn't touching these headaches. It is so strange to me because they are tolerable without medication but sometimes I've been known to "pop" a few ibuprofen just to feel better and I'm just not seeing a big improvement.

My tummy feels empty and scratch and so does my throat. I don't know how to describe it other than just not good. I just feel achy and in pain. I have no fever. I can smell everything just fine. I don't have a cough or congestion of any kind.

I'm SOOO stressed these days. I am trying really hard to manage it. For about a month I feel like I was doing well but it is spilling over. I'm wondering if it is possible the headache is just sleep deprivation? All the sudden my pillow doesn't feel comfortable and I cannot sleep past 5:00 a.m.

In the scheme of things, I'm not in horrible pain. I just haven't felt GOOD for almost a week. And I had a similar episode about 2 months ago or so. Could this simply be stress?

Am I missing something?
    Any chance you could have come in contact with a tick? Sort of sounds lyme-like.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Any chance you could have come in contact with a tick? Sort of sounds lyme-like.
    I don't recall seeing any ticks. They're all around here but unless you're walking through tall grass I never see them. I've only seem them on my brothers dogs!

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't recall seeing any ticks. They're all around here but unless you're walking through tall grass I never see them. I've only seem them on my brothers dogs!
    A lot of people get bit and don't even realize. Sometimes they are really, really small.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just go to a cvs or other place, skip dealing with Kaiser, it's not necessary at this point. I wouldn't waste anymore of your time in the phone. Find a place close and either go tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My sister thought she had covid this summer and it turned out to be Lyme, definitely get tested for Lyme too! She never saw a tick.
    Last edited by Mommy_Mea; 11-16-2020 at 06:45 PM.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Just go to a cvs or other place, skip dealing with Kaiser, it's not necessary at this point. I wouldn't waste anymore of your time in the phone. Find a place close and either go tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Agree! Skip dealing with your doctor and just click on the CVS link I posted above! No way would I deal with going through my doctor when it's so easy to get a test out here.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast