Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Do you get far enough into the order to enter your credit card? If so it might be that your card company is declining the purchase but the website isn't giving you an good error message.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    Do you get far enough into the order to enter your credit card? If so it might be that your card company is declining the purchase but the website isn't giving you an good error message.
    oh yeah, credit card is entered and everything. it's not the CC, i've used it for multiple other purchases (online and not).

it's their website that is the problem.

Bumping this (yet again).... Paula's Choice website has got to be the worst i've ever encountered.
    i just tried to order from Paula's Choice website, for their Black Friday deal (20% off everything). I really want to get a bunch of travel-size items and their reusable cotton pads.

THEIR WEBSITE WILL NOT LET ME PLACE AN ORDER. OMG. I get all the way through after entering my credit card, and get the error :Your order cannot be placed at this time. Please contact us at 1.800.831.4088 for assistance.

i have tried multiple different browsers on my computer. And different credit cards as well. Same exact error. It's not my CC, it's the site. I am not using any coupon codes. From my past experience, this is a recurring problem. About 50% of the time I try, I cannot place an order. It gives me an error. I have ended up place order on amazon instead. However, now i want to get their exclusive BF deals, and get travel size items, but i guess i cannot.

Ugh, i am so miffed. How can a company have this crappy of a website and stay in business? And if most others have no issue ordering, why me?? LOL. I have freaking VIP status with 300+ points (when i do manage to place the order, half the time i need to call, get on hold and order through the phone). I wish i didn't like their products as much, bc dealing with heir website is god-awful.

if anybody has ideas for solution to this, please let me know! I cannot order from another retailer as i want to get travel-size items for most things and they are not available at Sephora, Amazon, etc.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-26-2021 at 10:39 PM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yikes, that is frustrating. I wonder if it's your computer and some sort of weird setting...can you try on a different computer, or even on your phone? I have not ever had problems like you describe. I ordered a couple of days ago when they started the 20% off with the free gift and C15 booster and didn't have any issues at all (I'm using Safari on MacBook Pro, though I'm wondering if no one else is having problems, it has to be specific to your machine).

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I’m sorry you are having that trouble, Mspacman. I’ve had that happen on other sites and it is terribly frustrating. I wish I had a good solution for you. I’ve mentioned before that I had a product that was an odd color when I opened the tube (it was a product I used a lot so I knew something was wrong with this particular tube) and even though I had purchased it a year before, PC replaced it for me. They wanted to know the batch numbers on the tube and said they’d look into it. So hopefully your experiences are just the very unlucky few.

Thank you, twowhat for mentioning the sale and promotion I was able to place 2 orders to get 2 of the gifts. Dd has found that Paula’s choice is the only cosmetic brand to remove the whitehead bumps she gets under her nose while gentle enough not to aggravate her psoriasis.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 11-27-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just thought of one thing to try: clear ALL cookies and ALL browsing data in whatever browser you're using. Fingers crossed you can place that order...

thanks! it's not my computer or settings..i've tried on my work computer (PC running windows) and on my personal Mac and same exact issue.

after playing iwth it more, i've determined it must be the specific items i tend to order. I think rather than tell you a specific thing is out of stock, it lets you add it to your cart, but then craps out and gives error message. Which is useless if you have multiple items in your cart, bc you don't know what item it is.

I had 5 items in my bag, and i just tried removing one of the eye creams i had and replaced it with a different one (at least for that i'm not too peculiar). That worked!!

So my only guess was that the eye cream i originally tried to order was (unknowingly) out of stock and it just choked on the whole order. Gah. So lame. At least i got my 20% off

eta: i must tend to order things that end up discontinued or go out of stock (at least temporarily). so annoying!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 11-27-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Agreed on trying to clear your cookies and browser data and doing a hard refresh of the site in your browser to clear any parts of the site that might have been cached. Although that being the issue seems less likely to be stale data if you've tried different browsers.

Have you talked to your cc company or PC? I still think it's possible your bank or PC's processor is declining the charge, even if your card is fine and can be used other places. All it takes is just something 'off' in the messages they are all sending each other behind the scenes and some software somewhere decides it looks suspicious.

If it's any consolation I had a hell of a time placing an order at lands end yesterday (after I had just placed previous one)
    ~ Dawn

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

PC is 15% back on Rakuten as well.

posting at the same time . Yay - glad you were able to figure it out!
    ~ Dawn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast