Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Do any of the restaurant delivery services delivery long range (20 miles)?

Our favorite restaurant is 25 miles away, but at least an hour with traffic so we hardly ever get over there. I was thinking about trying to get it for my son's upcoming birthday, but I don't think any of the delivery services would go more than 10 miles. If we were doing in person dining, we'd go over there, but we haven't been in a restaurant since February. Do any of the restaurant delivery services have the capacity to deliver a long way?

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m not sure about the delivery but could you pick up and eat in the car or a park?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I’m not sure about the delivery but could you pick up and eat in the car or a park?

I suspect DH or I will just go get it...Mexican, so too messy to eat in the car, and they are only open at night.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You can almost always find someone to do tasks if you want to pay. Maybe you know a teen with a license willing to go?

I would also think about if you have a way to keep the food warm/if it will still be tasty after being in the car for almost an hour. Maybe a cooler? We find even the places about 20 minutes away only taste ok by the time we get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Taskrabbit. Or ask the restaurant. They will almost always be able to send someone for money. Or Uber.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    Taskrabbit. Or ask the restaurant. They will almost always be able to send someone for money. Or Uber.
    I can’t think of many restaurants that would have the staffing abilities to send an employee. Add in liability for the driver and I bet it’s not an option the restaurant would want to take on on a whim (maybe if there was lots of $$$$ involved but dinner for a family likely doesn’t cut it). Local businesses are running on the barest of bones right now in lots of places in the country due to capacity restrictions and general declines in business.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    You can almost always find someone to do tasks if you want to pay. Maybe you know a teen with a license willing to go?

My neighbor once paid my DD go pickup food for them as they didn't deliver and they had been drinking a bit. They paid her well for a pretty quick trip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    Taskrabbit looks like it will work. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Taskrabbit looks like it will work. Thanks so much for the suggestion!
    So happy it worked out Happy birthday to DS!!!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart