Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Outdoor Christmas Wreaths/Decorations

We decorate on our own. To each their own about whether or not to pay installers or not. We have never had the need and even now with a much bigger yard abs taller trees I don’t see the need.

With our new house (built in 1969, almost flat roof Spanish style with a tile roof and gutters) I can put up 80% of the lights in front of our house without a ladder (I am 5’6”) because the hooks are low enough to reach. I will need a step stool for the rest, but I am so excited about that! I am scared of heights so I have never been able to put up lights because it requires me to be more than 3’ off the ground.

We bought our lights at Lowe’s, and most of our inflatables from Home Depot, Lowe’s, or Target. This year we added a giant 6’ Buddy Elf(hopefully he can go on our flat roof), a new Santa/Snowman/tree combo, and and will be getting Woodstock figure (as we already have Snoopy). We also have a minion, a penguin, and another tree; all 3-4 feet.

Greenery wise we will get a Della Robia wreath from Boys Republic as their cause is a good one (education for troubled youth), and will be buying our tree from a local teen rehabilitation program that sells trees as fundraiser. If I needed more greenery I would look at a local nursery or Costco where I have gotten wreaths before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-23-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had a decorator do up the outside of our house one time. Wasn’t crazy about the garland she chose. Since then we’ve been doing it on our own using the stuff she bought for us along with bits from Frontgate and Hobby Lobby.

She did find some amazing indoor decorations though. I took lots of photos and re-use her ideas each year.

Our house has an arched entryway. Our entire house is covered in stone so we put a small (but deep) screw in the stone that we keep there yearround. We hang the lit wreath on that. The wreath is connected to swags of lit, decorated garland that hang down around the archway. They hand down behind (and connect to) large urns filled with decorated topiaries. All of these are plugged in on the side of the house and are connected to a light sensor. I also have a very large, unlit swag decoration I hang on my door. That was handmade and purchased at a local craft show.m

Dh also has this light projector that sprinkles tiny red and green points of light on the side of our house. They look really festive. One of our neighbors asked if we attached tiny lights all over the side of our house. Um, no.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 11-23-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    What do you use to secure the garland to your posts?
    Just the garland and lights. I run them up one column, swag them over the gap and down the other. The wires from the lights seem to hold the garland in place and the part that is swagged just hangs from a nail. I've never had it come loose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2