Thread: Venting

Default Venting

MIL and FIL have decided not to fly here for thanksgiving. This is 100% the right decision, and I was surprised they thought it was ok to start with. (This comes about a week after my parents decided not to come for Christmas, which is also the right decision.)

But them being here was going to let me go to work at my office 3 days and get a lot of work done over the week they are here. And I really really needed that. And I just need to be sad about it for a minute.

DD is in daycare, but DS is doing distance learning first grade. I am attempting to work from home with him. I had a babysitter lined up for once a week, but her work schedule at her full time job changes frequently and she hasn’t had any week days off lately. I get about half as much done from home with DS as I do from my office, and this is my crazy busy time of year. I guess I am back to working nights and weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Vent away. That’s really hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Uugh, that stinks. All of it. Just because you know logically that it's the right decision doesn't change how disappointed you must be right now. I'd probably be crying tears of disappointment.
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    Uugh, that stinks. All of it. Just because you know logically that it's the right decision doesn't change how disappointed you must be right now. I'd probably be crying tears of disappointment.
    I have held them back so far, but I am sure they will come out eventually! I was really looking forward to having some help from family for a little while both at thanksgiving and Christmas. Just the little things like watching the kids for a couple of days and cooking a meal at Christmas would have been a huge stress reliever and made me enjoy the holidays instead of dreading them.

Oh well, just one more thing that will be hard but I know we will make it through. My parents are moving here sometime next year, and I am beyond excited. They just broke ground on their new house about a week ago. It will be the first time in over 15 years I will have lived within a day’s drive of anyone in my family (other than DH and the kids).

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    My parents are moving here sometime next year, and I am beyond excited. They just broke ground on their new house about a week ago. It will be the first time in over 15 years I will have lived within a day’s drive of anyone in my family (other than DH and the kids).

This is incredibly exciting!!! I've never lived closer than a 10 hour drive to any of my family or DH's family (and sometimes muuuuch longer) so I can totally appreciate how amazing this is! May the building process be smooth for them! Hang in there - I'm so glad you at least have something to look forward to down the road.
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    This is incredibly exciting!!! I've never lived closer than a 10 hour drive to any of my family or DH's family (and sometimes muuuuch longer) so I can totally appreciate how amazing this is! May the building process be smooth for them! Hang in there - I'm so glad you at least have something to look forward to down the road.
    It is, I am so excited! They almost moved here 4 years ago, after I had thought there was no way they ever would. And I was soooo sad when they decided not to. I wished they had never looked at houses here because assuming they would never move here was way better than getting my hopes up. They ended up being exactly where they needed to be when my aunt and uncle really needed them. And I am so glad they were there for them. But now I can't wait for them to be here.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17