SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Bourbon subscription or sampling bottles from various distilleries??

DH loves bourbon. I thought this might make a good gift for him... something that he wouldn’t normally buy for himself. Does anyone have a good experience with something along these lines? I am just so afraid that I’ll buy a subscription and it’ll be subpar bourbon. I love the idea small batch, top shelf, small distilleries, etc. TIA for any feedback!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Default Bourbon subscription or sampling bottles from various distilleries??

I got DH a scotch advent calendar a couple of years ago from Masters of Malt. It was a fun way for him to try different Scotches without committing to a whole bottle. And once he picked his two favorites I got him a bottle of each of those also.
    I’m getting my brother a rum one this year from thewhiskyexchange.com since Master of Malt isn’t shipping to the US right now.

Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Check out mashandgrape.com. I ordered a bourbon from there that I couldn’t find near me. They shipped really fast.

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I gave DH a Bourbon Advent calendar a few years ago from Drinks by the Dram. I think they are Masters of Malt now, or are somehow tied. It was a lot of fun. In addition to the advent calendars they have samples and tasting sets for some interesting an hard to find whiskeys. There are restrictions to where they can ship so check if your state is included.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh my!! Thank you so much for the suggestions!!! This is exactly why I was hoping to find! Only one kept popping up in my searching yesterday. Thank you!! Checking them out now! I believe my state is ok... it was doable for the subscription that I found yesterday.

Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Thank you for asking this! We are not so much bourbon drinkers, but DH does like scotch (I don’t) and we both like whiskey. We have gotten his mom a wine adventure calendar from the same company that we get regular wine shipments from and it gets rave reviews.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Thank you for asking this! We are not so much bourbon drinkers, but DH does like scotch (I don’t) and we both like whiskey. We have gotten his mom a wine adventure calendar from the same company that we get regular wine shipments from and it gets rave reviews.
    Sorry to hijack OP, but Zukeypur do you have a favorite whiskey or recommendation for a subscription type service? DH drinks whiskey but tends to stick to Jameson and I'd like to get him to try some others.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Unfortunately, no. We are also Jameson fans...so much so that we buy two handles at a time ��

I was completely overwhelmed by that website and couldn’t make heads not tails of anything.

I have purchased a couple of Japanese Whiskys for DH and he has really enjoyed all of them. I am pretty sure I looked up recommendations on Esquire. I may be imagining that though. This one was particularly good, and not too pricey. https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/sc...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Turns out I wasn’t imaging things! Here is a review https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/d...iskey-bottles/

It seems that we got one that had a word similar to coffee in the name, but it had nothing to do with coffee. It was also great.

ETA: if you’re not familiar with Japanese whisky, it has a smoky flavor similar to scotch. I like the not so smoky ones.