Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One of my kids was seriously unbeatable at Don't Break the Ice when they were 3. Another company for good cooperative games is Peaceable Kingdom. We've had Race to the Treasure since my kids were in the 3-9 year old range and they enjoyed it a lot.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh, it’s hard. I have a 9 yr old and a 3 yr old and we almost never play games together as a whole family. That’s all I can add to this discussion.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Age gap is hard for sure. A cooperative game where everyone works together to "beat" the game is a good suggestion.

One beautifully crafted, but expensive, game is Orchard by Haba. My kids loved this when they were younger. The wood fruit pieces and little baskets were a hit. A bit young for an 8-year-old, but a fun way to get them engaged with a younger sibling to work together to beat the raven.

Haba has some great games.

https://www.amazon.com/HABA-Orchard-...dp/B000ELORPY/

y65_1.jpg

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sequence Jr is a fun game -- my DD2 played it and had fun at 3, and all the way through the adults enjoyed it. At 3, DD2 wasn't great at strategizing, but she still had just as much fun as everyone else. Now she's 5 and she's an impressive little strategist -- I think that all that early playing helped her!

We also LOVE Sleeping Queens in our house - we didn't get it until DD2 was a bit older, but it's a great game to grow into. Other than the "math problem" part of it, I think a 3 year old could play it, the game mechanics are really simple to pick up. When we started playing it, DD2 would simply show us her number cards and say "do I have a math problem?" and it worked out fine!
    Lizi

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We’ve been playing games forever but I’m blanking on family games at that age. Ones I can remember are the Curious George games, Busy Town, Clue Jr., Uno Farm, Memory.
    Sleeping Queens is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Qwirkle is a color/shape matching game that a 3 year old could play. The 3 of us have game at least once a week. The little one may not be competitive but could easily participate.
    DS 2/09

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    Qwirkle is a color/shape matching game that a 3 year old could play. The 3 of us have game at least once a week. The little one may not be competitive but could easily participate.
    Glad to see this, I just ordered it from Target’s game sale but I didn’t know anything about it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

My First Carcassonne is totally doable for a bright 3 year old and still fun for older kids. It's one of the "baby" board games I totally don't mind playing with my littles.
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2