Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default X husband gave my son Covid, now DD and I are quarantined, no pay for 14 days!

My x husband barely sees the kids, and hasn't paid child support for 22 months, he keeps losing jobs etc. He had DS for 3 hours about a week and a half ago, then found out he had COVID, and DS tested positive on Friday, DD tested negative and I had a negative COVID test from the day before Thanksgiving at work (I'm a SLP at nursing home, we get tested 2 x week). So we sent DS to his dad's apartment, and DD are quarantined at home for 2 weeks, I do not get any sick pay/PTO etc/unemployment was unsuccessful. My hours had already been dropped about 50% for the last 4 months due to COVID, it's not good. I know it's not really XH fault, he was wearing a mask all the time, but thinks a customer who he had to measure for windows in a small trailer exposed him (no masks and questionable hygiene). DD and I went yesterday and got our PCR results and we are both negative again. I'm begging my work to reconsider their policy, the CDC now says the 14 day quarantine was based on the fact that tests weren't readily available. I can get a PCR test again on Thursday (my work asked me to) and because of my workplace they fast track it (the Monday results were back in 15 hrs.).

My mortgage company is granting me a forbearance but I have told the kids it's gonna be chill Christmas. We are spending time putting up extra outside lights and friends are dropping off food and wine. It will be fine, but the sad thing is, if I get COVID at some point I'll be off work again, this quarantine stinks as it may not be the only time I have to be off work.

On the plus side, I am cleaning out closets and listing lots of stuff on Marketplace, anybody need boys size 14 clothing????

Ugh, I’m so sorry. CDC has just revised its quarantine policy to 7 days with a negative test. Ask your work if that’s a possibility. Sorry that your ex did that. Can he at least pay child support this month because he directly caused you to lose out on work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no! I’m so sorry! I hope the two of you don’t catch it and you’re back to work soon.

That totally sucks!!!! Fingers crossed for one more negative test and back to work!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That really sucks.
    If you were inclined, you could put together an amazon wishlist for Christmas (you and the kids) and share it on here. I know folks would rally for you.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    That really sucks.
    If you were inclined, you could put together an amazon wishlist for Christmas (you and the kids) and share it on here. I know folks would rally for you.
    I agree 100%. Sending you hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That really sucks.
    Sure would!!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Oh no!!! I hope you continue to test negative and get back to work soon. Hope DS recovers quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

That really sucks.
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but yes, do this! I was trying to think of how to help and this would be a great way!
    Kris

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh I'm so sorry. The impact of this pandemic on working parents is just awful. I hope you stay well.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast