Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default So what have you ordered from Etsy or non big box sellers for this holiday season? (a

So far I have ordered the following:
    Two name puzzles from Child Universe (this company is based in the Ukraine, and because of their volume, low price, abs free shipping they must have “shop assist,” but their puzzles were cute, priced right, and the reviews of the shop were positive. I bought the puzzles for my almost 2 year old godson, and my 6 month old nephew (I know it is a little premature for him, but I thought they were cute).

Stocking hanger (even though we have a fire place now...I love the idea of hanging them on the wall)
    I ordered this Nativity scene as a stocking hanger. I did not add the frame. She had other styles as well, but I liked the idea of the nativity scene over some of the other ones that had a saying like “the stockings are all hung.”

Christmas Card holder

Other non holiday stuff I have ordered recently:
    Online Interior Paint Consultation....super happy with her suggestions. One color didn’t work for our bedroom (Dunn Edwards Stucco Tan, but we think it might work for our exterior when we do finally paint!) Can’t wait to paint!

Shelf with towel rack. Bought this for my kids bathroom. Should hopefully be installed in the next week or two!

Metal House Numbers. Bought these for our old house and they were perfect because everything at the big box places and on Amazon was too large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-25-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I ordered a skirt for my dd that she really wanted and found on Etsy.

I also ordered 11 baking kits- some for pulla bread and some for making pretzels to give to family as gifts.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was disappointed that my recent Etsy purchase was designed in Germany but made in China. I had filtered for handmade and paid handmade kind of pricing. If I just wanted something MIC I’d have saved $$ and gone to Target or Home Goods. So, read the finer print when shopping Etsy if your goal is to support small businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I was disappointed that my recent Etsy purchase was designed in Germany but made in China. I had filtered for handmade and paid handmade kind of pricing. If I just wanted something MIC I’d have saved $$ and gone to Target or Home Goods. So, read the finer print when shopping Etsy if your goal is to support small businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    For sure! I skipped over a few stores that had high volume and shop assist notes in their shops when looking for my card and stocking hangers. I think my card holder is probably upped in price to cover shipping so it can be listed as free shipping (same thing with my bathroom shelf), but I did like the style and do hope that some part of it is truly handmade. The puzzles I know I wasn’t going to be able to find something economical that was unique from a catalog (maybe Lillian Vernon, but I wasn’t happy in the quality of stuff from my last order a few years ago) or at a big box store that I then had to pay an arm and a leg to ship (at least for my nephew in Oregon).

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have never ordered from Etsy (does that mean my BBB shopper card will be revoked?!), and just started looking at it, but not buying anything, when DGD1 opened an Etsy shop this summer. (I assure you, she is not doing a high volume business and everything is truly handmade!)

So, my question: What does "shop assist" mean?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Default So what have you ordered from Etsy or non big box sellers for this holiday season? (a

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I have never ordered from Etsy (does that mean my BBB shopper card will be revoked?!), and just started looking at it, but not buying anything, when DGD1 opened an Etsy shop this summer. (I assure you, she is not doing a high volume business and everything is truly handmade!)

So, my question: What does "shop assist" mean?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    This is what found yesterday and this shop had a big warning that they have shop assist so their items are not made in-house, abs are not truly handmade. Originally Etsy used to be just for handmade items, but it has evolved throughout the years to allow more big box quality or MIC stuff that you may not be able to find at a big box store, but still isn’t homemade.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7812726...14&pro=1&frs=1

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a few favorite shops, but haven't ordered lately.

One of the staff at DD's camp is a jewelry artist and I've favorited her shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhitingDes...p?ref=usf_2020

I also found this shop thanks to a paleontologist I follow on Instagram:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KeithHershberger?ref=usf_2020
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Last year for Christmas I got a topographic map of the place where my dad and step mom got married (which was outside in a particular place "in the wild") and had it framed for them. My dad cried! The etsy shop is here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mapologist

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Last year for Christmas I got a topographic map of the place where my dad and step mom got married (which was outside in a particular place "in the wild") and had it framed for them. My dad cried! The etsy shop is here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mapologist
    Love this! What a cute idea

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    I love this, too, and just ordered a set of 3 featuring our favorite places. Thanks for the idea!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast