Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Would you let your child participate in a live nativity?

DS's 4H group is having a drive-by live nativity in a few weeks. They are requiring masks for all participants, it's outside, they're 6 feet apart. I "think" it's about as safe as it can get, but I'm still questioning if I should let DS participate. I just worry that it's not the most responsible thing to do since they're telling people to not gather, etc. Then part of me thinks it's will be a good moral booster for people since they don't actually interact with many and are just driving through to look at the kids and animals. Thoughts? Would you let your child participate?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

How long does it last?

If it’s drive by and the kids are truly 6 feet apart and wearing masks (and outdoors), I think it’s fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you trust the 4-H group I would think it would be okay. We are extremely careful, but have allowed DC to participate in a few socially distance activities outside!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Last month, my answer would have been definitely. This month, I'm a little concerned about how non-seriously people around me are taking Thanksgiving (huge gatherings and travel, etc) and am worried about the fall-out in the coming weeks -- super high numbers in my area would make me uncomfortable.

As long as numbers aren't out of control in your area, the thing I'd consider is: Is the 4H group truly committed to social distancing and masks or are they just going through the motions? As long as they are going to truly follow the rules, then I'd be okay with my child participating. However, if I felt the organizers weren't truly committed to following the rules, I would be sad but keep my child out. I see way too many times where we're told it will be a safe activity, but then leaders don't enforce keeping masks on (and appropriately covering both nose and mouth), or aren't up to the (not insignificant) challenge of keeping a group of socially isolated, excited to see each other children all 6 feet apart.
    Lizi

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    If it’s drive by and the kids are truly 6 feet apart and wearing masks (and outdoors), I think it’s fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ITA. Most outdoor activities seem to be ok. I’d let my kids do that. And it will probably be inspirational to a lot of sad, lonely people.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Would you let your child participate?
    absolutely not.

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes. Outside, socially distanced and wearing masks- not at all a concern to me.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WitMom View Post
    Yes. Outside, socially distanced and wearing masks- not at all a concern to me.
    ITA. Yes, I think it's a great thing for him to participate in and gives some normalcy to the year/season.
    K

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Outside, all masked, and a drive through for an hour or two would be okay with me. I would not be okay with it being a walking event.

I get that this pandemic sucks, but I agree with the potential for moral boosting and there are times that we really need to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast