Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wondering if there’s any kind of science/building “toy” that’s more sophisticated for the teen boy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our girls are gamers and one of them asked for a gaming headset. So that's what we got...maybe something like that? Also for their 12th birthday we gifted them a YouTube contract. Basically permission for them to create a channel so long as they agree to all the terms and conditions (and yes, they had to sign and date...we have a lot of restrictions). Would a YouTube channel thrill him (if he doesn't already have one)?

And there are funny gaming hoodies on Amazon...I've had this one in my cart for a while now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mId=B078RXQC7K

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Fancy sneakers
    GoPro
    gaming chair
    Drone (real or mini play ones)
    Light strips for his room
    Oculus or other VR set
    Cameo from celeb he loves
    Theragun/Hypervolt (knockoff)
    Darts
    Projector
    Premium XBox controller
    I once read a suggestion online for getting under-desk workout equipment (like bike or eliptical) for people gaming too much. Thankfully mine never ended up into gaming to that degree, but my plan was to require it for gaming time over a certain amount.
    Soccer rebound trainer
    #BidenHarris2020 “It’s easier to be a parent this morning. It’s easier to be a dad. It’s easier to tell your kids character matters. It matters. Telling the truth matters. Being a good person matters.”

cheme is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Our girls are gamers and one of them asked for a gaming headset. So that's what we got...maybe something like that? Also for their 12th birthday we gifted them a YouTube contract. Basically permission for them to create a channel so long as they agree to all the terms and conditions (and yes, they had to sign and date...we have a lot of restrictions). Would a YouTube channel thrill him (if he doesn't already have one)?

And there are funny gaming hoodies on Amazon...I've had this one in my cart for a while now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mId=B078RXQC7K
    Would you mind sharing what restrictions you have? Dd would love to have a channel, but dh and I are hesitant. Thanks!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS2 got this RGB mouse pad for his 12th birthday and it was a hit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RM5HVGW He also has an RGB Gaming keyboard that he really likes.

Maybe something like that or the headphones as a gaming accessory.
    Kris

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default gift ideas 13 yo boy

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Wondering if there’s any kind of science/building “toy” that’s more sophisticated for the teen boy...

For my son’s 12th birthday I got him this subscription box from the makers of Vsauce and it’s so fun. We got the fall box and it has a build your own solar car in it. Definitely for older kids, it was a bit hard for him. https://www.curiositybox.com

Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    DS2 got this RGB mouse pad for his 12th birthday and it was a hit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RM5HVGW He also has an RGB Gaming keyboard that he really likes.
    This is a good idea. DS (12.5) hasn't asked for them yet, but RGB monitors, keyboards, etc. are a big deal with his friend group. Most of them got the keyboards last year for Christmas.

DS's wish list this year: a dog, a cat, headphones w/mic, a high-end lighted music stand, and "a lot of junk food" (because Mom usually nixes that).

He's getting: The headphones, a ping-pong table, an upgrade to his musical instrument, books, clothes, a board game or two, a bed rest and Ott-lite to make reading in his room more comfy, a s'mores maker, a gift card to an aquarium store and "some" junk food. :-)

He'll probably get the music stand after Christmas for his birthday.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ciw View Post
    This is a good idea. DS (12.5) hasn't asked for them yet, but RGB monitors, keyboards, etc. are a big deal with his friend group. Most of them got the keyboards last year for Christmas.

DS's wish list this year: a dog, a cat, headphones w/mic, a high-end lighted music stand, and "a lot of junk food" (because Mom usually nixes that).

He's getting: The headphones, a ping-pong table, an upgrade to his musical instrument, books, clothes, a board game or two, a bed rest and Ott-lite to make reading in his room more comfy, a s'mores maker, a gift card to an aquarium store and "some" junk food. :-)

He'll probably get the music stand after Christmas for his birthday.

Just in case you need more ideas - we upgraded the instrument cases to ones lighter weight with better straps. We also have stands for various instruments so they don't have to put it away between practice sessions, or zoom lessons now.
    Kris

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Just in case you need more ideas - we upgraded the instrument cases to ones lighter weight with better straps. We also have stands for various instruments so they don't have to put it away between practice sessions, or zoom lessons now.
    Thanks! When we upgraded the instrument, it came with a much better case, so we are good there. An instrument stand is worth considering. Thanks for the idea!

SAHMIL is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    I am completely out of ideas for gifts for DS. He only wanted an expensive gaming computer that we will not be buying him, so I am at a loss. What are you getting your 13 yo boys?
    Omg! We are raising the same kid !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast