Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default s/o smaller gifts for 15 year old ds

Not sure if I should have tagged onto the gifts for the 13year old thread, but did not want to divert from the OP too much. Ds will be 15 in a couple of months. For Chanukah, all he wants is money and he will get that, but I would like at least a few smaller gifts (does not have to be 8, but a few). He is mostly a big ticket kind of guy and is saving for a computer. He has airpods. He is a runner, but again likes big ticket things and I can't think of any smaller things. Likes to read, but prefer so pick out his own books (so prefers money). Would love junk food and I can do some of that. I think any kind of clothes would not feel like a gift for him.

Why can't I just give the money, you ask? I can, but have some actual gifts for dd to open b/c I know some things she would love..and want him to have something to open. It may end up that all he gets is junk food as I literally cant think of anything else.

Thanks for any ideas!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How about over the top junk food? My DC got the Twix Yard gift box last year. They were over the moon excited. The box is still in my pantry because they haven’t finished it but it sure was fun to see them unwrap it. Latia’s money pizza was super cute. You could do something like that with small bills. Small toys he can play with in his room? Hacky sack, silly putty, huge Costco size jar of dill pickles? Nostalgic candy - fun dip, ring pops, pop rocks, etc?
    Last edited by jgenie; 11-29-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Duplicate
    Last edited by jgenie; 11-29-2020 at 06:08 PM.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Since he likes to run, someone here recommended these clip on lights. If I’m walking at night, I will grab one.
    STURME LED Safety Light Strobe Lights for Daytime Running Walking Bicycle Bike Kids Child Woman Dog Pet Runner Best Flashing Warning Clip on Small Reflective Set Flash Walk Night High Visibility https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N53854Z...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the ideas so far!

jgenie, junk food can always work, but I hesitate to buy him something with *a lot* because he really will not moderate himself. Still, finding junk food he will like will be easy.

gamma, that is a great idea. He doesn't run in the dark for the most part, but might like that anyway.

Any other runner type stuff is probably good if anyone has any ideas of what inexpensive runner stuff is. LOL!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Does he have something to hold his phone and keys when he runs?

https://spibelt.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq...caAhEREALw_wcB

Does he have something to hold his phone and keys when he runs?

https://spibelt.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq...caAhEREALw_wcB

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Check out thegrommet.com
    They have so many clever, unique gifts! You can filter by price and lots of other ways.

jgenie and SnuggleBuggles, oh my goodness! Both the SPI (for holding stuff when he runs) and the Grommet are perfect! Wish I had knows about the Grommet before I bought a couple of friend gifts! Thanks!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If he runs long distances, does he use refueling sources. Like Gu gels or Jelly Bean Sports Beans. I take a Gu gel at about 5 miles if I’m going to run several more. A variety pack to experiment with might be nice. They also make Stroopwaffles for runners.

Does he have nice technical running socks. I love Feetures socks and they’re usually $15.99 so a bit of a splurge for socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast