Default Can we talk doormats?

I saw LL Bean has 15% off for Black Friday and I'm thinking of investing in an extra wide Waterhog floor mat. We have a 90 pound Lab/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix who tracks in mud, grass, etc. (plus DH who doesn't bother wiping his shoes carefully on the mat before entering the house!) so I need something that is effective when people/animals don't pause to wipe carefully.

I already have an extra wide coir floormat outside in front of the double entry doors (under a covered porch). I like the look of it, but it's not trapping everything. So I'm thinking I'll double up with a Waterhog right inside the doorway so we have double mats. Does anyone else do double mats? Is that weird?

I also have a side door into the family room that needs a mat, but there's not a porch there. Does anyone leave Waterhogs outside with no protection? Will it absorb too much water when it rains? We live in a mild climate so we don't get snow here.

And please recommend other types of mats if you have something better than Waterhogs. I did a quick search and it seems like that brand is frequently recommended.

TIA!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We don't have dogs or huge messes, but we do have waterhogs inside and outside each door. The ones outside are under the roofline just a bit, but they're fine.

We have two of these from Amazon and love them. Waterhogs but not too sure how price compares to LL Bean.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BWIXTY

Thank you both! I liked the locked circles pattern at LL Bean so I bought one for outside the side door (which has a tiny bit of roof overhand but is not a real porch) and a double wide one for inside the main entry.