Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Vacuum recommendations?

Hi,
    Shopping for a new upright vacuum and can’t decide what to buy. My main criteria is one that is easy to push on high pile, plush carpet. We’ve had a Dyson for years that I’ve hated bc it’s a beast to push on our carpet.

Anyone have a vacuum they’ve used on plush carpet and still love?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a Dyson and some plush carpets. I just turn off the beater bar and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have a Dyson and love it for the amazing suction but Dh and the kids hate it. If it weren’t for the amazing suction and easy canister to empty, I’d hate it too.

I’ve been considering getting a Miele vacuum for years to keep on our third floor. They get high praise on these boards. I just don’t want to deal with buying the bags
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had a Dyson and it crapped out after 5 yrs I have had 2 sharks My newest is the shark duo clean. I have a lot of tile and it goes from carpet/ rugs to hard floors. Sharks are less expensive than dyson are as good if not better in my opinion.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What's your budget? About 2.5 years ago we decided that we had given conventional brands enough of a chance. I was sick of having to replace my vacuum cleaner every few years.

I have a sebo x4, I absolutely love it, it is light, powerful and they are supposed to be very reliable, so rarely in the shop. It was $900. I consider it an investment that should pay off since I'm not having to replace a vacuum cleaner so often and I actually LIKE my vacuum cleaner for the first time ever.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    What's your budget? About 2.5 years ago we decided that we had given conventional brands enough of a chance. I was sick of having to replace my vacuum cleaner every few years.

I have a sebo x4, I absolutely love it, it is light, powerful and they are supposed to be very reliable, so rarely in the shop. It was $900. I consider it an investment that should pay off since I'm not having to replace a vacuum cleaner so often and I actually LIKE my vacuum cleaner for the first time ever.
    We also have sebo vacuums and have been really happy with them. We first bought an upright about 18 years ago. A few years later, my husband needed a new vacuum at the office so he took that one in and we bought a new upright. Then we moved into our current house, which has a lot of hardwoods, so we bought a canister. They work great and have never needed repairs. The only annoying things are the automatic cord retractor hasn't worked on the canister for several years now, and the upholstery tools haven't stayed on board for years either. But considering they are 15 and 16-17 years old and they haven't cost us a dime since we bought them, I think that's pretty good.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Get a robot. ECovacs on huge sale at best buy and roombas at Costco. Both are good for high pile. The roomba has better suction and the ecovacs has waaaayyy better navigation

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSuedeShoes View Post
    We also have sebo vacuums and have been really happy with them. We first bought an upright about 18 years ago. A few years later, my husband needed a new vacuum at the office so he took that one in and we bought a new upright. Then we moved into our current house, which has a lot of hardwoods, so we bought a canister. They work great and have never needed repairs. The only annoying things are the automatic cord retractor hasn't worked on the canister for several years now, and the upholstery tools haven't stayed on board for years either. But considering they are 15 and 16-17 years old and they haven't cost us a dime since we bought them, I think that's pretty good.
    That's great to hear that you love your Sebo vacuums! Yes, I wish they had more capcity to hold tools. Our upholstery tool would probably get used more if I didn't have to look for it in the bathroom closet. We went with upright due to our current house having a lot of carpet (previous house was mostly HW on the main floor), and because my teenagers are now in charge of vacuuming and I think that they'd bang up the furniture with a canister, lol. I would not hesitate to get another sebo again. The thing about household appliances is when you don't have to worry about them or get annoyed with them, they are doing their job!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

We have a Dyson that's from 2012 and still going strong even after two dogs (husky and german shepherd). I bought a shark for our second floor last year and HATE it on our mostly tile/lvp floors- it's awful, even my mom used it while babysitting and commented how crappy it is before I had said anything. I bought a cordless dyson (v10) this week and am excited about it but we don't have much carpet. I will say that the shark did decently on carpet but it is really awful on non-carpet. I can pick up more sweeping than the freaking vacuum does.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    We have a Dyson that's from 2012 and still going strong even after two dogs (husky and german shepherd). I bought a shark for our second floor last year and HATE it on our mostly tile/lvp floors- it's awful, even my mom used it while babysitting and commented how crappy it is before I had said anything. I bought a cordless dyson (v10) this week and am excited about it but we don't have much carpet. I will say that the shark did decently on carpet but it is really awful on non-carpet. I can pick up more sweeping than the freaking vacuum does.
    do you have the duo clean shark?
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast