maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Alternative to Bombas socks?

Does anyone know of socks that are comparable to Bombas? DS2 is 11, approx sz. 3 shoes.

He has been wearing Bombas for years, but now the youth size is too small, and the adult sizes are much more expensive. I went to purchase multi-sock packs with the Black Friday 20% discount, and they are still exorbitant.

Honestly, he's only worn socks two or three times since MARCH, when Quarantine started. He's still in fully virtual school, and I'm glad at least he wears underwear again. Small wins, chosen battles!

Thanks for any recommendations!
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

I am surprised to hear the youth socks are too small. I wear a 4-4.5 in kids shoes (6 in womens) and I buy the youth size instead because it fits me better than even the women's smalls! I hear you on the adult ones costing a lot though. I hope you find something that works well.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I like Under Armour socks more than Bombas. I don’t think they are worth the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I am surprised to hear the youth socks are too small. I wear a 4-4.5 in kids shoes (6 in womens) and I buy the youth size instead because it fits me better than even the women's smalls! I hear you on the adult ones costing a lot though. I hope you find something that works well.
    I have ordered the Bombas no show, adult small, supposed to be for shoe size 4-6 adult, I wear a 5.5, they are way too big. THey are now sending me kids ones. I'm surprised a size 3 doesn't still fit kids sizes.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Have you tried Darn Tough socks? I have Bombas and Darn Tough for winter running and I’m happy with both. I google for sales. Often find running stores clearing out last season patterns.

Listening as well.

We had a similar issue with Bombas. Purchased a 12-pack of Youth for a child in size 1 shoes and they were so snug, bordering on tight. We eventually emailed and asked for an exchange. They told me to donate them and they would send me the price equivalent in Women’s Small so we ended up with... 5 pair. Not enough to tide us over for when hybrid school started. I would purchase 5 more of the Women’s on sale to have enough but upon closer inspection, a couple of the Youth pairs had developed holes in the toes. My kiddo is active but not rough on his stuff. So for the price, I’m meh on purchasing more. (Customer service was great though)
    DS 2014

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Do folks like the merino wool blend socks or some other kind? I need cozy socks!

for Sandy Hook

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Do folks like the merino wool blend socks or some other kind? I need cozy socks!
    My DH swears by Stance socks. He won't wear any other kind!

IMO our feet do a lot for us!!! carry us and take all our weight. we need to treat them well and not scrimp out on socks or shoes. Keep them cozy and comfy.

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    My DH swears by Stance socks. He won't wear any other kind!

IMO our feet do a lot for us!!! carry us and take all our weight. we need to treat them well and not scrimp out on socks or shoes. Keep them cozy and comfy.
    My DH will also only wear Stance socks. They have held up really well over the years.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07