Thread: Bathroom towels

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Bathroom towels

Hi all,

I've been going through our linens and have come to the conclusion that we need new bathroom towels. I mean it's bad, they are frayed and worn.

We need 4 sets, for the 4 of us. What is everyone liking that looks nice and holds up and doesn't break the bank. Does anyone have anything on sale?

TIA
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love Charisma towels from Costco.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've had Target brand towels for several years and been very happy with them. They're thick and soft but not outrageously so (although I love the feel of the outrageously thick towels, it seems too wasteful for how long they take to dry!)
    Lizi

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My favorite towels are the Frontgate resort towels - I learned about them here. They are great and last a long time, but I think still pricier than you want.

We also have Caro towels and they've held up really really well. On sale at Macy's this weekend - https://www.macys.com/shop/bed-bath/...0Home?id=16853. Home Goods often has them too - but pretty sure these prices are better.

Good luck!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Bathroom towels

I have never been a fan of all white towels, but I happened to pick up a set of the 12 Hotel Grandeur white towels from Costco and we have been super happy with them. They aren’t as heavy as the Charisma towels, but they I like them as much as the Charisma towels. The only thing with Costco Charisma towels as they are limited in colors. We have also bought Macy’s Hotel Collection towels in the past and have been happy (although I liked the set I bought in 2005 over the last set I bought in 2014 iirc, and still use the 2005 set).

ETA: we have also been gifted numerous Mainstays brand towels from Walmart and they are never too thick and they always dry nicely. They aren’t fancy at all but they work quite well for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-30-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I bought the Charisma towels from Costco on recommendation from here, but ended up donating them. I realized I don’t like super soft towels because they felt like they were not really drying my body well, just sort of spreading moisture around. I ended up buying cheap towels from Target that were thinner and more ‘thirsty’ and I felt really dried well. Also, the thinner towels dried faster then the thicker towels. If I showered twice in a day, the thicker towels were sometimes still damp. It all depends on your ventilation and preference. If you like thinner, more ‘thirsty’ towels, I recommend the ones from Target. Will check the brand in a bit.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just got the classic weight from Brooklinen. So far so good but have only had one month. They will likely have a cyber Monday deal. We also have the Costco ones and they have held up well.